The official Android 7.0 Nougat update is now rolling out for all users of Galaxy J7 Prime across Central and South America. Check the instructions below if you wish to learn how to manually install the new update for your device.
This new update brings a brand new Nougat OS and Samsung Experience OS, so you will get tons of goodies that were previously not available. This guide is great for those that were running a custom ROM on their devices and now wish to restore their phones to stock Android firmware.
Check the following guidelines before starting the flashing process:
- use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime models.
– the version of your phone has to be the SM – G610M.
– don’t attempt to update any other models with the files found below.
- download the Samsung USB drivers from here and install them on your computer.
– these drivers will allow the Odin 3.12.3 tool to detect the phone when they are connected via usb cable.
- for the installation of this new official Nougat OS update you will need to use the Odin app.
– for Odin to work you have to install the above usb drivers and to enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– if you cannot find Developer Options, then it means that it is hidden: go to Settings> Software Info and here tap seven times on the Build Number text.
– go back to Settings, open the Developer Options menu and enable USB Debugging.
- you can flash the new update over rooted firmware, but you should know that root access won’t survive the update process.
– also, any custom Recovery that you might have flashed will be replaced with stock Recovery.
- Android 7.0 Nougat update can be installed over a custom ROM, but you need to know that the update process will also require an extra Factory Reset process.
– the Factory Reset will wipe clean system partition, it will remove the old custom ROM and it allows the phone to boot in normal mode.
– no data will be lost from internal storage of your phone.
– the Factory Reset steps are listed at the end of the tutorial.
- if you Galaxy J7 Prime phone runs 100% stock Android, then you won’t lose any data files in the process, and the phone should reboot in normal mode successfully.
- read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
- this guide has to be applied by advanced users only, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to complete the new update.
How to flash Android 7.0 Update for Galaxy J7 Prime G610M:
- Download the G610MUBU1BQI3 Android 7.0 archive file from here.
- When the download is complete you can extract all the files and save them on your PC.
You will obtain the G610MUBU1BQI3 update files, these should be at least five different ones. Leave all the new “tar.md5” Nougat update files on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here.
Unzip the contents.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot it in Download Mode.
- Open Odin exe on your computer.
- Connect the Galaxy J7 Prime to PC via usb cable.
Wait for the computer to detect the phone and then continue to the next step.
- Go to ODIN and load all the new firmware update files.
Click BL and load the corresponding G610MUBU1BQI3 tar.md5 BL file.
Click CP and do the same to load the G610MUBU1BQI3 tar.md5 CP file.
Click AP and load hte G610MUBU1BQI3 tar.md5 AP file.
Click CSC and load the G610MUBU1BQI3 HOME_CSC tar.md5 update file. Don’t load the file containing only “CSC” without “HOME”, as that one will wipe clean every single file from your device.
- When ready hit the START button to begin the updating process.
Don’t press any buttons until the new update is done installing.
- When installation is done you will see the phone rebooting. Unplug the phone from PC and wait for the boot to be completed.
These were the steps you had to follow.
If the FAIL message is shown by ODIN, then you need to repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
If the PASS message is shown by ODIN, but your phone enters in a boot loop or it gets stuck at the boot animation screen, then you will need to Factory Reset the device.
The Factory Reset process wipes clean system partition, and it forces the phone to boot in normal mode.
Factory Reset steps are below and you should apply them in case you have installed the update over a custom ROM, as the phone won’t boot in normal mode otherwise.
Here’s how to Factory Reset the Galaxy J7 Prime G610M from Recovery:
- power off the phone
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- reboot device in normal mode.
If you need more help tell us using the space below.