The LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can now be updated with Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightlies using the instructions that I have listed in this guide. Make sure to read all the info listed if you want to update your device at your first attempt.
Carbon Jelly Bean 4.3 Nightly is based on Android 4.3 AOSP and it also uses some elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and other popular custom ROMs, in order to offer your one of the best Jelly Bean experience. More info about this custom ROM is found here.
Read the guidelines below before starting the updating process of your device:
- Only the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105 works with this guide.
- Do not attempt to update any other Galaxy Note 2 variants with the files you find in this post.
- Your phone has to be rooted and factory unlocked.
- CWM or TWRP Recovery should be installed on it. Without such custom Recovery you won’t be able to flash the new ROM.
- In the tutorial you’ll find the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ step. That will remove all contents from your device’s system partition, which means that all installed apps will be removed along with SMS text messages and other similar files.
- The internal / external storage won’t be affected by ‘factory reset’.
- If you want to backup data from installed apps then you should use the following apps: Helium (here) / Titanium Backup (here).
- Backup SMS, call logs and APN Internet settings with these tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is needed for some of these apps.
- If you don’t want to lose saved phone numbers or other Contacts data, then it would be best for you to sync it with your Gmail account.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the currently installed ROM before starting the update. This sets a restore point for your device and it can be used in case you don’t like the new ROM or in case it doesn’t boot correctly. The step can be found in the tutorial.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Do not blame us if you brick the phone or lose data files.
- Make sure that you don’t skip any steps in the process.
- If you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to flash Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightly custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE:
- Download the Carbon JB Nightly build from here.
– get the latest build.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Use the USB cable to connect your phone with your PC.
- Move both zip files to your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 internal sdcard.
– disconnect the phone from PC when the files are copied.
- Power off the device now.
- Boot your smartphone into Custom Recovery Mode now.
– remember that you can use this guide for both CWM and TWRP Recovery variants.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
– CWM: use the ‘backup and restore’ option. Confirm.
– TWRP: select Backup option, select the system files you wish to save, then confirm the process.
- Now you need to apply the ‘factory reset’:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Factory Reset. Confirm.
- Next, install the Carbon JB 4.3 Nightly ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
– CWM: use ‘install zip from sdcard’ option, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the custom ROM zip and confirm its installation.
– TWRP: select Install. Find the custom ROM zip and load it into TWRP. Confirm.
- When the ROM is installed, repeat step 9 and use the same buttons to flash the Gapps file.
- After both files are flashed, return to the main menu of CWM / TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now you can restart your device with the ‘reboot’ option.
– wait several minutes for the first boot process of this new ROM to load all the required files.
– if the first boot takes too long to complete or in case your device enters into a boot loop, then you should power off the phone and then repeat the entire tutorial.
- If everything went according to plan, then you should see the Carbon Android 4.3 ROM home screen. Enter your account info and then start testing all the new features.
If you have problems with the installation or you need extra help, use the comments section below.
Also, if you don’t like this new ROM or in case the Galaxy Note 2 LTE interface isn’t smooth with Carbon Android 4.3 custom ROM, then you can always use the NANDROID ROM Backup files created in step 7 and restore your device to its previous state.