New Anarkia ROM has been create by xda senior member Anarkia1976, and now you can apply his software on your SGS device by reading the instructions I’ve listed in this article. Read all the info in this post adn you will surely manage to update your Galaxy S ROM firmware.
This is a custom ROM firmware that is based on AOKP IMM76I and you can learn how to successfully update your device to it by reading all the info I’ve listed in this post. It brings several new features and the developer gave it own personal touch to this ROM. Also, you might expect some improvements in battery life and UI, which means that your SGS phone should run more fluid. I didn’t had the time to fully test it, but until now I haven’t found any major bugs. I still suggest that you create a full backup of the current rom you have installed on your phone, just in case your don’t like the New Anarkia ROM.
However, before we can start to update the ROM of your phone, you should read the preparation guide and learn how to configure your phone so that you will manage to complete the entire New Anarkia installation process from the first attempt. Here’s what you need to know and what you have to take into consideration before applying the new custom rom firmware on your SGS phone:
- your device should be rooted and Clockworkmod Recovery has to be installed on it, otherwise the New Anarkia ROM cannot be flashed.
- in the tutorial guide you will find a step that tells you to wipe data and factory reset, which means that you will lose files so you should move all your important files from your phone and place them on the internal sd card or you can choose to transfer them via USB cable into your PC.
- since data will be wiped, it means that you’ll lose applications, sms text messages along with the entire call log info, which is why you can use these three applications and learn how to backup and restore all those files: AppBak application | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore.
- Phone Contacts need to be synced with your Gmail account. This process is very easy, but if you cannot complete it then you can use our guide here to help you save the phone numbers on your Gmail profile.
- APN Settings should be saved. These might prove to be very important in case you won’t be able to open the internet after the update. APN Settings usually remain the same, but there are some carriers that will change these values if a new ROM is flashed.
- Charge your device and make sure that when you start updating its firmware, the battery charge level is over 55%. This will prevent it from powering OFF in the middle of the ROM installation process.
- Backup your current ROM with CWM Recovery, ROM manager or with any other similar Android tool that you can find at Google Play Store.
Now that you’ve read all of the above it means that you’re ready to move to the tutorial guide and learn how to properly update your phone with New Anarkia custom ROM firmware.
Please note that we cannot be held responsible if something goes wrong and you damage your phone. Make sure to read and apply all the steps I’ve listed in the tutorial guide. Also, if you cannot complete the update process then you should ask for help by posting in our comments section.
How to update the Samsung Galaxy S to New Anarkia AOKP ICS custom ROM firmware:
- Download the ROM zip file from here. Do not extract it; just save it on your computer’s desktop.
- Now, connect your SGS to your PC and move the downloaded file on your phone’s internal sdcard.
- Power off the device and disconnect it from your computer.
- Boot into CWM Recovery.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm this action.
- Select ‘wipe cache partition’ and confirm.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after this, on the next recovery menu, select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Navigate to the New Anarkia ROM zip and confirm that you wish to install it.
- When the installation is completed you should return to the main recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and after this you simply wait for your phone to first boot and launch the new custom ROM installation.
NOTE: In case the first boot takes too long to complete, then you will have to repeat the entire process and this time you have to make sure that you apply all the instructions I’ve listed in this article.
In case you cannot use Google apps after the update, it means that these weren’t installed by the ROM and you should visit this post here. Download the latest Gapps zip package and then boot into recovery menu and install them in the same way you did with the New Anarkia ROM.
When everything is in order and the custom ROM has been installed with success, you will need to configure your Google account and then you can start customizing the UI of New Anarkia ROM. Also, you should restore all your backed up files, along with the Android applications you had installed prior to the update process. If you have any other questions please feel free to post them in our comments sections and I will try to give you a proper answer to help you overcome any problems you might’ve discovered while updating the ROM firmware of your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 phone.