Update Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 Using XXLPH Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware
The Samsung Galaxy S GT I9100 has been launched in 2011 and since then there were numerous firmware updates and tools that allow you to upgrade it to the new Ice Cream Sandwich installation of Android. By following the instructions listed in this article you will manage to successfully install and apply the new update XXLPH Android 4.0.3 Firmware on your device without risking any permanent damage.
The update listed here isn’t an official one and it won’t work with the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G, as the only device supported is the I9100 model. Samsung didn’t announce any official release date for the update so the only thing that you can do is to use the instructions listed here and update your phone with XXLPH Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware files. Note that this update doesn’t require you to root the Galaxy S II device. However, if your device is rooted, then by applying this XXLPH Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware then you will notice that the root has been revoked. Now that you know all this general info, it is time for you to learn what you need to do before moving to the first step of the tutorial guide:
- backup all your data that is stored on your phone in case something goes wrong and the files get corrupted during the updating process.
- make sure to save your APN and MMS Settings which will need to be re-entered after the update in order to gain internet access.
- the battery level of your phone has to be over 75% so that it won’t discharge in the middle of the updating firmware operation.
- carefully read all the instructions listed below and if you can’t complete any of it then post in the comments section and you will get help.
How to Update your Samsung Galaxy S II with Android 4.0.3 ICS XXLPH Firmware:
- First, download the Android 4.0.3 ICS XXLPH Firmware pack and save it on your computer’s desktop.
- When the download is complete you need to extract the files comprised within the zip package. In order to be sure that you extracted the correct files, please check them and see if these match with the one i’m listing below. Their combined size should be 352MB.
- Odin3 v1.85
I hope that the instructions listed here helped you update your phone. If you have any other questions or you can’t understand some of the steps above and you don’t know how to properly apply changes, then please feel free to let us know by posting in the comments field below this article.
Your device should now be running on the XXLPH Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware. Also, if you found this website, but you were looking for another Android tutorial then you should use the search filed of Android.gs and you should find the one guide that you were trying to find in the first place.