WanamLite is one of the most stable ICS custom ROMs and it is exclusively designed for the unlocked and international Galaxy S2 I9100 devices. This post will help you install and flash the new WanamLite ICS 4.0.3 ROM right on your SGS2 and enjoy the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware experience by simply reading the preparation guide and then applying the new ROM files on your phone.
The WanamLite custom ROM now reached the version 12.0 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware and you can choose to install the Blue ICS themed or even the Stock themed version. Both can be found in the ‘how-to’ guide, but before you can move to that part of the article, you need to learn how to correctly prepare your Galaxy S2 for the firmware update.
Read the guidelines below and prepare your computer and, most importantly, your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone for the firmware update process:
- backup all the important files you currently have stored on your Galaxy S2 phone. You can choose to place these files on your phone’s internal or external SDcard. Alternatively, you can move these files on your computer and after the update is complete you can easily get them from your PC via USB data connection cable.
- it works only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 devices. Do not attempt to install it on any other Galaxy S2 model numbers.
- Galaxy S2 I9100 your about to update with WanamLite has to be rooted. If it isn’t rooted then you should use the ‘how to root Galaxy S2 DXLP9 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware’ guide. After you’ve rooted the device you need to return to this post.
- You need to sync your Contacts with your Gmail account. If you don’t know how to do it, then you should follow this link.
- Download SMS Backup & Restore and Call Logs Backup & Restore applications for Android to learn how to backup the call logs and your received and sent text messages.
- Save your APN and MMS Settings. This will help you restore them in case you won’t be able to use data connection after the update is complete.
- Enable the USB Debugging option.
- Charge the Galaxy S2′s battery until it goes over 70% so that it won’t power OFF while you’re installing the WanamLite ICS ROM update.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you should move to the tutorial guide and learn how to install and update your SGS2 to the new custom ROM firmware. Please note that in case something goes wrong and, your device gets bricked or damaged, then you shouldn’t held us responsible as you are installing this ROM firmware update at your own risk. If you have any questions or you cannot apply the changes I’ve posted below then you should ask away in comments. That’s it, now you’re ready to move to the tutorial guide and learn how to properly update your device.
How to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to WanamLite ICS custom ROM Android 4.0.3 custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the WanamLite ICS ROM zip from here. The file needs to be saved on your PC and left as it is; do not extract the contents.
- Connect your phone to your computer and then move the custom ROM firmware zip file its sd card. Do not place it in any subfolder, simply drag and drop it on your phone’s internal sdcard.
- Power OFF the phone and then boot into CWM Recovery. It can be done by pressing and holding simultaneously ‘volume up’ and ‘home center’ buttons and while pressing these two you need to press and then release ‘Power’ button. Wait for the recovery mode to load and then move to the next step.\
- When in CWM recovery you need to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. Confirm its action. Please note: in case you’re device is already on a DXLP9 firmware then wiping is optional and you can skip this step.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from internal sdcard’. Navigate to the the ‘wanamlite ics rom’ zip file you moved on your device at step 2. Select it and then Confirm that you wish to update to the new Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware by WanamLite.
- Wait for the update to complete and when it’s done you will need to select ‘++Go Back++’ and then you will see the cwm recovery menu again.
- Now select ‘reboot system now’ and wait until the first boot is complete and your Galaxy S2 loads it’s home screen.
- Your device will run the stock TwLauncher and for a better experience of ICS then you should install Apex Launcher from Google Play Store.
- That’s it, now you can start exploring your new custom ROM ICS firmware and see what new features have been added to this new WanamLite release.
Please note that the first boot will take a while and you should at least give it 10 minutes for it to complete. After that, your Galaxy S2 device will feature the new ICS rom and you’re free to start customizing it.
If you notice that your device isn’t booting the main screen then it means that you have bricked it. Now you have to repeat all the steps above and this time you need to make sure that you do not skip any of the steps listed above. Also, if you can’t get past any of the actions listed in the how-to guide, then you should ask for help in comments.
The WanamLite ICS custom ROM comes with the stock lockscreen, but, if you wish, you can install the ICS Lockscreen and reduced home button lag patch fix from here.
- this fix has been tested on Blue ICS themed firmware and it is an optional installation.
- place the ICS Lockscreen and Reduced home button lag patch fix on your phone’s internal sdcard.
- reboot into recovery and then flash it just like you did at step 5, only that this time you need to select the zip for ICS Lockscreen.
- confirm the installation and then reboot your device.
- after the home screen loads successfully your device will feature the new ICS lockscreen.
Below you can find a video that features a Galaxy S2 I9100 device running on the WanamLite ICScustom ROM firmware.