The Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 model has received its own Paranoid Android 4.42 stable build and you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully install it on your device.
It is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat AOSP and it packs multiple other great new features and functions like Hover, Peek, and more. Before starting the installation you will have to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– do not attempt to update any other phone with the files that you will find in this post.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Device.
- for this guide to work you will have to have a rooted device and running the CWM / TWRP Recovery image on it.
– both CWM and TWRP custom Recovery variants will work with this guide.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will have to apply two extra steps: NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM and the Factory Reset one.
– both steps should be applied, don’t skip them.
- in case you wish to save data from installed apps, SMS text messages or any other type of file then you can use Helium for Android.
– also, sync Contacts and People details with your default Gmail account.
- read the entire post and do not skip any of the steps listed below.
– don’t blame us in case you brick the phone as this guide should only be used by advanced users who want to tinker with their phone’s OS.
- check the Galaxy S2 battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off during installation.
- in case you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can now continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash a brand new KitKat custom ROM.
How to flash PA 4.42 Final ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the custom ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB data cable and move both zip files on to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the files.
– ignore this step if you’ve already downloaded the files straight to your phone.
- Switch off the Galaxy S2 now.
- Boot it in CWM / TWRP customRecovery Mode.
– it can be done by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power until the custom Recovery screen appears.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM backup:
– CWM: press Backup and Restore, name the file and confirm.
– TWRP: select Backup, set a filename, swipe to confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm process.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm.
- Now you can begin the installation process of Paranoid Android 4.42 Final ROM for your Galaxy S2 I9100:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the Paranoid Android 4.42 ROM file and confirm installation.
- Install the Gapps zip as well using the instructions in step 8.
- After the ROM and the Gapps files have been installed you can return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot the Galaxy S2 in normal mode.
– the first boot process of this new custom ROM will take at least 7-8 minutes before it loads all the new files.
- Use you login detail in order to take control over your phone once again.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order to complete the installation of this new ROM on your smartphone.