The team that has created Carbon AOSP ROMs launched their version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Now you can install it on your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 smartphone using their files and the instructions that are listed in this article.
This new custom ROM is the first Nightly build of Carbon Android 4.3 ROM. If you want to know more about this release, then you should take a look at the developer’s goo.im web page here. For this new ROM to install correctly at your first attempt you will have to read the preparation guide:
- This tutorial works only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE with the model number I9305.
- Don’t try to update any other smartphones nor other Galaxy S3 versions with the files you find here.
- Your device has to be rooted and factory unlocked.
- CWM or TWRP Recovery should be installed on it. Both custom recovery variants will work with this device.
- In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you’ll find the ‘factory reset’ step, which will delete all contents stored on your device’s system. The internal / external storage won’t be affected by this process.
- In order to save data from installed apps use these apps for Android phones: Helium or Titanium Backup.
- SMS data, Call logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using these utilities: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access has to be granted for some of these apps.
- If you want to save all your phone numbers and Contacts data, then you should sync it with your Gmail account.
- Nandroid Backup for the installed ROM is needed also. This will set a restore point for your device and it can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot or in case you simply don’t like how the new ROM works with your device. You’ll find this step in the tutorial.
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Check the phone’s battery power level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that it won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read all the instructions listed in this post and don’t skip any steps.
- Note that we cannot be held responsible in case you brick your phone or lose any data.
- If you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to install Carbon AOSP Jelly Bean 4.3 Nightly for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305:
- Download the ROM zip from here.
– make sure to download the latest build possible.
- Download Gapps file for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer, then move both zip files to its internal storage.
– make sure that you don’t unzip the files.
- When the files are copied, disconnect the phone from computer.
- Power off your Galaxy S3 now and then boot it into Custom Recovery Mode.
– if you don’t know how to do it, then use the info listed here.
– note that both CWM and TWRP Recoveries are working with this tutorial.
- You need to create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your Galaxy S3 LTE:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’. Save the ROM backup to your device’s internal storage and then continue to the next step.
– TWRP: press Backup button, select the files you want to save. Confirm.
- Apply ‘Factory Reset':
– CWM: use the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. Confirm the process.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Factory Reset buttons. Confirm.
- Now you can install the ROM:
– CWM: use ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Carbon JB Nightly zip and confirm its installation.
– TWRP: select Install, then browse for the Carbon JB Nightly file and install it.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step 8 in order to install Gapps zip too.
- When both files are installed, return to the main custom Recovery screen and reboot your Galaxy S3 LTE in normal mode.
- Take control over your device by entering your Google Account credentials.
That’s it, you’ve updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I905 with the latest Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 custom ROM. If you have any questions or in case you cannot complete the installation, then you can ask for extra help in comments.