OmniROM team has released the official Nightly build based on Android 4.4.3 KitKat for the LTE variant of Galaxy S3.
Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to properly update your smartphone with the latest Omni Android 4.4.3 KitKat Custom ROM firmware. If you want to know more about the work that it’s done by the OmniROM team, then you should take a look at their website here.
Before starting the updating process you should take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE model number I9305.
– check the version of your phone by going through Settings> About Phone> Build Number.
– do not update your smartphone in case its model number doesn’t match the I9305 version.
- do not update the US versions of Galaxy S3 with the files that you will find in this post.
- your Galaxy S3 LTE has to be rooted obviously and it needs to be running a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
– both CWM and TWRP are supported by this guide.
– your device can be rooted with CF-Auto-Root.
- make sure to enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– that’s a guide for Galaxy S5, but it works with all Samsung and other Android devices.
- before starting the installation of OmniROM Android 4.4.3 KitKat Nightly on your Galaxy S3 LTE you will have to create a NANDROID Backup.
– the step is listed in the tutorial.
- for the new ROM to install correctly you will have to apply a Factory Reset.
– all the instructions are listed in the guide.
- if you want to backup data from installed apps, SMS text messages or other similar files, then you should take a look at Helium for Android here.
- make sure to sync your Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
- check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off in the middle of the updating process.
- use this post only if you’re an advanced user and you know what you’re doing.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone, nor in case you end up losing any important data files.
Installing a brand new custom ROM is not that hard, but you still have to read the entire post and make sure not to skip any steps for the guide to complete successfully.
How to flash OmniROM Android 4.4.3 Nightlies for Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE:
- Download the latest OmniROM 4.4.3 Nightly build from here.
– save the file on your computer, do not extract its contents.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x custom ROMs from here.
– save the file on PC, do not unzip.
- Connect the Galaxy S3 LTE to your computer via USB cable.
– move both zip files to your phone’s internal SDcard and then disconnect the phone from PC.
– make sure that the location of the files is easy to browse for, so that it won’t take long for you to apply the update.
- Power off your Galaxy S3 completely.
- Boot the device in Recovery Mode.
– if you don’t know how to do it, then you can our tutorial.
– basically you need to press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time until the Recovery Mode main appears.
- When you’re at the main CWM / TWRP Recovery menu you will first need to create a full NANDROID ROM backup.
– for CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, set a filename and confirm process.
– for TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and confirm.
- Now you can apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Next, flash the brand new OmniROM Android 4.4.3 for Galaxy S3 LTE i9305:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM zip file and confirm installation.
– TWRP: press Install, browse the internal storage for the ROM zip file. Swipe to confirm installation.
- After the ROM is installed you have to install Gapps zip, too. Use the same actions as in step 8.
- When all the files are successfully flashed you can return to main Recovery screen.
- Reboot the Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE in normal mode.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of one of first Android 4.4.3-based custom ROMs. After the installation is complete you can use OmniROM’s settings in order to setup the Galaxy S3 for a long-term use.
If the process fails at the first attempt, then you should try to repeat the installation more than once. Make sure to read the preparation guide and the whole tutorial if you fail to install OmniROM Android 4.4.3 on your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.
Use the comments section to ask for extra help.