Android 4.1.2 UBAMC1 OTA Update is now out for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Use this tutorial to learn how to successfully install it for your smartphone. Installing an update is easy and you should be able to complete the tutorial in under 10 minutes without risking the brick of your device.
UBAMC1 firmware brings several tweaks for your smartphone that should enhance the overall performance of your smartphone. The version number of this update is dated to May 2013, it was first pushed out via Samsung KIES and as an Over-The-Air Update that was made available for multiple countries across the world. This tutorial will teach you how to successfully flash the I8190LUBAMC1 firmware manually using ODIN program.
Before starting the updating process, you will need to take a look at the guidelines below. You will learn what requirements does your phone need and how you can make sure that you can install the update at your first attempt. Here’s what you need to do:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini model number I8190L. Don’t try to use this tutorial with other Android devices, as you will end up bricking it.
- don’t install this firmware for the I8190 model, as it won’t work. Go to Settings> About phone and make sure that the Model Number is I8190L before continuing to the next part of this post.
- if your phone is rooted, then this will be revoked in the process. However, that means that the warranty of your phone will be restored after completing the installation.
- any type of custom Recovery that might be installed on your device will be removed by UBAMC1 Firmware installation. A stock Recovery will be installed instead.
- your PC should have the Samsung USB Drivers installed, so that the phone will be recognized by ODIN when connected to computer.
- enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options menu. This will allow your smartphone to be connected with your PC. If the Developer Options menu isn’t displayed in the Settings menu, then you will have to enable it by opening About Phone section and after that tap 7 times on the ‘Build Number’..
- this guide can be applied only for phones that are factory unlocked.
- this tutorial shouldn’t remove any data files but it would be best to create backups of your most important data.
- you should use the tutorial only if you’re an advanced Android user.
- don’t skip any steps that I have listed tn this post, as you won’t be able to flash the update at your first attempt.
- make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left in it before switching off completely. If the device powers off while you’re trying to flash the OTA Update, you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- don’t blame us in case you lose any important data in the process nor in case you brick the smartphone.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to learn what you need to do in order to correctly prepare your smartphone for the updating process. If you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to install Android 4.1.2 UBAMC1 Jelly Bean OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L:
- Download I8190LUBAMC1 firmware zip from HERE. Save the file on your computer.
- Extract the file comprised within the zip and you will get the ‘I8190LUBAMC1_I8190LICEAMC1_ICE.tar.md5′. Don’t extract any further.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 zip from HERE. Save the file on your PC and then extract all the contents to a single folder named ODIN.
- Power off the smartphone now.
- Boot it into Download Mode. Use this guide here to learn how to do it in case you don’t know. That’s a guide for Galaxy S4 but the instructions will work for the Galaxy S3 Mini, too.
- Launch ODIN exe and then continue to the next step.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using the USB data cable.
- Wait for ODIN to say that the device was ‘Added!!’ and then you can continue with the rest of this guide’s instructions.
> If the ‘added!!’ alert isn’t displayed, then you can change the USB port or re-install the Samsung USB Drivers for this phone, a download link is listed in the preparation guide above.
- Click the PDA button in ODIN and then find the I8190UBAMC1 tar.md5 file and load it into ODIN.
> don’t change any default settings and make sure that the Re-Partition option is disabled.
- When all files are in place and you’re ready, press the START button and wait for the updating process to be completed. This shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to complete.
- After the UBAMC1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware is successfully installed, you will see the phone restarting and ODIN displaying the ‘PASS’ message.
- The device will boot into normal mode and you can unplug it from your computer.
- Enter your Google Account credentials if you’re asked to, and then take control over your Galaxy S3 Mini once again.
- Test the new OS and check to see if the battery life has been improved or, look for any other changes.
These were all the steps that you had to take, but below you can find two ‘notes’ that will guide you in case there was something with the updating process. If the I8190LUBAMC1 has installed successfully, then you’re done with this guide and you can close. But, in case ODIN freezes or something else went wrong, read the info below.
NOTE 1: If ODIN stopped or it has displayed the ‘FAIL’ alert, then you should: close ODIN, unplug the phone from PC, remove the phone’s battery and re-insert it after 5 seconds have passed. After that you have to repeat the entire tutorial once again starting with step 5. Don’t skip any steps and the update should be completed. If not, then you can ask for more help in comments.
NOTE 2: In case ODIN says ‘PASS’ but the phone is unable to get past the Samsung boot animation or it enters into a boot loop, then you need to power off the device completely by removing its battery. Unplug it from computer and after that boot it into stock Recovery Mode to perform a factory reset. This process will remove the contents from your system partition. Also, the contents of the internal SDcard might be affected by this action, but it will be the only way for your device to boot with I8190LUBAMC1 firmware. Here’s how to do that:
- power off the phone.
- press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power simultaneously.
- release the buttons when the main menu of Recovery mode loads or when the screen flickers.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm.
- return to the main Recovery screen, select ‘reboot system now’.
- wait for the Galaxy S3 Mini to boot into normal mode and then take control over your device by entering your default Google Account.
I hope that you’ve managed to update your S3 Mini phone and that you like how your smartphone works with this latest build of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.