Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 inch variant tablet has received its own CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM and it is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Use the instructions that I have listed in this post and you will manage to install it on your device easily.
The new CM10.1 Nightly build comes with all the stock Android 4.2.2 features and you will have to read the guidelines below before starting the installation. These steps will teach you how to successfully configure your device so that the update will complete at your first attempt. Here’s what you should take into consideration before getting to the ‘how-to’ part of this post:
- Use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model number P5113. Do not try to install this custom ROM on any other device.
- Your tablet should be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- Use the custom Recovery mode to create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM. It will set a restore point for your tablet in case you don’t like the new ROM or your tablet doesn’t boot after installation.
- Enable USB debugging option for your device.
- Make sure that there is enough power left in its battery, as you wouldn’t want for the tablet to power off before the update is complete.
- This is a guide for advanced users and you shouldn’t attempt to update your tablet in case you’re a novice and you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.
- Read all the instructions that I have listed in this post and you should be able to complete the install at your first attempt.
- We cannot be held responsible in case something goes wrong and you brick your device after installation. Also, we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any important data files. Make sure to move all your important data on your tablet’s internal SDcard or to a cloud storage service or you can choose to move the files on to your computer.
- In case you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for more help in comments.
These were all the guidelines you had to read before getting to the tutorial.
How to update the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean-based CM 10.1 Nightly ROM:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. Place the file on your computer and don’t extract its contents.
- Download Gapps for CM 10.1 from HERE. You need this file in order to install all the Google-based apps on your tablet. Don’t unzip.
- Connect the tablet to PC, then move the files on its internal SDcard. Disconnect the tablet from PC when the files are transferred successfully.
- Power off your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery by pressing at the same time Volume down and Power. Release the buttons when the custom Recovery menu appears.
- OPTIONAL: Create now a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM only in case you don’t have one already. This will be your tablet’s restore point in case something goes wrong while installing the CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm. NOTE: If your device is already sporting a CM 10.1 ROM then you can skip this step and flash the new build over the old one without worries.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the CM10.1 Nightlies ROM and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM has been installed you should select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ again. This time you have to install the Gapps zip.
- After both files have been installed you need to get back to the main Recovery menu.
- Select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait several minutes until the new CyanogenMod 10.1 Jelly Bean Nightlies ROM completes its first boot process.
- Take control over your tablet and then begin testing the new OS.
Leave a comment at the end of this post in case you need any other help.
NOTE: if the first boot process takes to long to complete or the tablet enters a boot loop, then you will be forced to repeat the tutorial guide starting with step 4. Eventually the custom ROM should install at the second / third attempt. If you cannot complete the install, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of this post. I will try to come up with a viable solution to your problems.
These were all the instructions that you had to follow in order to update your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 tablet to the latest CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies ROM.