Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean BUCLK Firmware
Samsung has officially released the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for their Galaxy Tab 2 7.o inch model. Use this tutorial to learn how to successfully get the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on your tablet device.
Before you continue to the the tutorial you should know that this is an update for tablets that are Vodafone branded in Italy, Spain, Greece, Germany and Romania. Also, you can install it on tablets that are Si.mobil branded in Slovenia. So, use this guide only if your device meets these requirements.
This firmware update’s full version is P3100BUCLK1 and it is an OTA release. This guide should be handy to those owners of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that are still waiting for the OTA notification. This tutorial contains all the info you need in order to manually update your tablet. Before you can move to the ‘how-to’ part of this article, you will need to read the guidelines listed below:
- This is a guide that works only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with the model number of P3100. Also, note that it works only with tablets that are Vodafone branded. All links are listed in the tutorial.
- Create a backup of all files that are currently stored on your tablet. You can move them to your PC or on the device’s internal SD card.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Developer options.
- Your computer should have all the Samsung USB Drivers installed. Here are the driver download links: Windows 32bit (x86) drivers | Windows 64-bit (x64) drivers.
- Your tablet’s battery should be over 40%. This will prevent it from powering off during the update process.
- The computer that you’ll use for the update should not be running any antivirus application or any other security services, as it might interfere with the update installation.
- This is a guide that should be applied only by an advanced user. Make sure that you don’t skip any of the steps that I have listed.
- If you have any troubles in completing this update, then you should ask for more help in comments. Also, you could always choose to wait for the official OTA notification from Samsung.
These are all the guidelines that I had for you and now you should move to the tutorial if you wish to flash the update using the manual method.
How to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean P3100BUCLK Official Firmware:
- Download the update file that corresponds to your country:
- Extract the contents of the BUCLK firmware zip and place them on your PC. You should get a file with the .tar or .tar.md5 file extension, which is the file that you will flash in order to update your tablet.
- Download the Odin3 v3.04 zip file from HERE. Extracts the zip contents after that download is complete. Put all files into a single folder.
- Power OFF your Galaxy Tab 2 and then you will need to boot into Download Mode. Do this by pressing simultaneously ‘volume up’ + ‘power’ and you will see a ‘warning’ message. Now release the buttons and then pres again ‘Volume up’ to confirm that you want to load Download Mode.
- Go to Odin folder and launch the ‘ODIN exe’ file.
- Use the USB cable and connect your tablet to your computer. Odin should say ‘Added!!’ and you can get to the next step. If that message does not appear then you will have to change the USB ports or re-install the USB drivers for your smartphone.
- Go to Odin screen and click on ‘PDA’. Find the P3100BUCLK firmware file and then load it into Odin. Don’t change any default settings and just make sure that the ‘Re-partition’ check box is not enabled.
- Press the ‘Start’ button and ODIN will begin the installation of the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware for your Galaxy Tab 2 device.
- When the install is complete you will see that the tablet has restarted and ODIN shows the ‘Pass’ message. Now you can disconnect the tablet from computer.
- Wait for the first boot process to load and then you will be able to test all the new Jelly Bean functions. These were all the tutorial steps you had to take.
NOTE: In case ODIN freezes or the update doesn’t complete and you get a ‘FAIL’ alert, then you will need to disconnect the tablet from your computer. After that close ODIN and then press ‘volume up’ and ‘power’ keys until your tablet restarts and you see again the ‘Warning’ message. Boot the Download Mode and then you will have to repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 1.
NOTE2: If your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 doesn’t boot after ODIN shows the ‘PASS’ alert, then you will have to follow the steps below and perform a factory reset process. Here’s how to do it:
- Boot your tablet into recovery mode by pressing at the same time ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons until the device restarts. When the display powers ON you need to release the ‘power’ button while still holding the ‘volume down’ button that will force your device to load the recovery mode.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option when the tablet enters recovery.
- Confirm the factory reset action.
- Now choose ‘reboot system now’ and then the tablet will boot into normal mode.
- The update will now be complete and you can begin to use all the new Jelly Bean functions.
These notes are for users who had problems completing the update. If your tablet booted normally after step 10, then you’re done. If you have any extra questions then you should use our comments field and we will try to offer the solutions.