The latest version of Android OS is here for the Samsung Infuse 4G as thanks to those of xda-developers we now can install the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 based Chameleon custom ROM on the mentioned device. Therefore, if you need to improve the Android experience that runs on your Infuse 4G, or if you are looking into powering up the performances of your smartphone, this guide will be perfect for you, as the Chameleon firmware is a stable platform that comes with many features and apps that will smoothly work on your phone.
Those who aren’t used with these kind of operations should know that: the Chameleon software is not an official update rolled out by Samsung for the Infuse 4G; the firmware is a custom ROM that has been developed and offered by those of xda-developers; the ROM is based on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS but you will get a custom version of the Android system meaning that the classic looks and features have been replaced with new and custom ones.
Don’t worry though, as a custom ROM can anytime be flashed on any Android based smartphone. Actually applying a custom ROM is the fastest way in which you can receive the latest features and capabilities available on the market not to mention that by using such software you can easily power up the performances of your device. The same will happen if you update your Infuse 4G with the Chameleon Android 4.2.2 OS, the ROM being installed with important apps and features and comes without bugs or things that aren’t working properly.
Anyway, if you want to learn more about the Chameleon custom ROM and about the features that will be installed on your Infuse 4G once you flash the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware on your phone, go to our source page (access the page from here) as you will have more info offered there. Now, let’s take care of other stuffs as we will be checking on how to prepare your phone for the installation procedure. Also, during the next list you will have other essential info related to the present operation.
- The warranty of your device will get void; you can restore the same by downgrading to stock ROM.
- You need to root your Infuse 4G or else you will not be able to install the Chameleon JB 4.2.2 ROM into its system.
- After gaining root access you need to flash a custom recovery image on your handset because the stock recovery can’t be used when trying to update with custom software.
- Backup the Samsung Infuse 4G data; it’s important to save all of your personal info because later, a wipe will be required; don’t forget to backup info like internet settings or EFS folder.
- If your phone is being installed with a custom recovery image (it should be) then consider in performing a Nandroid backup too; in this way, if something wrong happens you will be able to easily restore the stock, or current firmware.
- For this operation a computer or notebook will be required; your phone and its USB cord will also be used.
- In order to make things right and for avoiding the unpleasant situations you need to: deactivate the security protection that is installed on both computer and handset; enable the USB debugging option from your Infuse; charge the battery of your phone if you notice that there is less than 60% power left.
- Take note that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Infuse 4G; don’t apply the Chameleon Android 4.2.2 software by using the next steps on a similar or different handset because you will risk in bricking your Android based device.
- Also, stick to the steps from below, don’t perform things by yourselves.
How to Update Samsung Infuse 4G to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Chameleon Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file from here.
- Then, download the Google apps package from here.
- You need to save these file on your computer first; don’t extract them.
- Now, take the USB cable and by using the same connect your Infuse 4G with the computer.
- Select both downloaded files from your computer and drag and drop then to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord as the computer is no longer helpful.
- Turn off your handset.
- Reboot it into recovery mode.
- From recovery first do a wipe.
- For a complete wipe select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Select “+++go back+++”.
- Now, you can select and apply the update; choose “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- You can pick the Chameleon firmware now; apply the same on your phone.
- Then, repeat the procedure and install the Google Apps package.
- When the installation procedure is over you just have to select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now” and you are done.
- In case you somehow notice that your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, you will have to reboot into recovery and from there to select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
Congratulations, the guide has been successfully completed. Well, this means only one thing: you have finally updated your Samsung Infuse 4G to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. The Chameleon custom ROM firmware is now running on your smartphone, so test the new software in order to see how it performs. Also, if you somehow notice that there are bugs or issues in the firmware, share the same with us and with other users who might consider in completing the up explained tutorial.