Update Sony Tablet S to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 using One-click tool
Sony Tablet S is a relatively old Android based tablet, it has been released way back in 2011, but due to its specs and feature its users are still satisfied by its performances and capabilities. Furthermore, if you manage to update the Tablet S to latest Android system, the Jelly Bean OS, you really have all the reasons for keeping the device, spending your money for getting a new handset being a waste. Therefore, today I will be showing you how to easily install the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Sony Tablet S and this by using a One-Click solution.
This is possible thanks to those of xda-developers who had developed a new tool that can be used for updating the Sony Tablet S. As mentioned, for completing this procedure you don’t have to apply the ROM by using the custom recovery image, as the update tool offers a one click variant that can be used whenever you want to flash the Jelly Bean software on your tablet. Therefore, performing this guide will be extremely easy and you will be done in just a few minutes. Do read all the next lines as the tutorial is still considered risky and we just want to avoid the unpleasant situations that might happen.
Furthermore, take note that you will not update your Sony Tablet S with an official Android 4.1.2 software, so we are dealing with a custom ROM firmware. That’s why before heading to the proper steps you must first check which the pre requisites are. Don’t forget to apply the preparation tasks, or else the one click update procedure can’t be completed and you will also risk in bricking your tablet. You have all the details explained during the next lines, so take the required time and read the same.
- It is extremely important to root your device before going any further. Without rooting the Tablet S you will not be able to complete the present step by step guide.
- Be aware as by rooting the warranty of your handset will be void. This is happening because you will make changes on the internal system by removing the default settings and factory restrictions.
- Don’t worry, the warranty can be restored; all you need to do is to downgrade to stock ROM or flash an official update.
- After, or preferable before rooting the tablet, you should backup the Sony Tablet S data.
- Don’t apply the backup by using the recovery mode, as then you will brick the handset.
- I recommend you to save the contacts, messages, market apps and so on by using suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play (like Titanium backup); most of the apps are free so you don’t have to pay anything for downloading them.
- Make sure you can use a Windows running computer with Internet connection enabled.
- On both computer and tablet first deactivate the security programs, antivirus and Firewall protection included.
- If you notice that the power left on your device is less than 60%, take the charger and plug it in.
- Go to path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
Remember that this method is being provided by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this opportunity. Also, do apply the next steps only if you own the Sony Tablet S device, or else you will end up in bricking your smartphone / tablet.
How to Update Sony Tablet S to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 using One-click tool
- Just download the SONY Tablet S Upgrade Tool on the computer you are using.
- Use the link from here.
- Take your tablet and its USB cord; by using both connect the device with the computer.
- On your computer open the downloaded file.
- Follow the on-screen instruction for beginning the update operation.
- Take a look over the image from below for an example of the same.
- Do not interrupt or interfere with the update operation, just wait while the program is running.
- In the end the tablet will reboot automatically.
- Take note that the first boot might take longer than usual.
That was all meaning that your Sony Tablet S has been successfully updated to custom Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. For checking the same go to “Settings -> About Tablet”. Also, test the new software and share your impressions with us; furthermore tell us how things worked for you and if the one click update solution worked as expected. IF you want to learn more about this new tool you can anytime check our source page by using the link from here. Stay close for more tutorials, tips, tricks and Android related news and rumors.