Update Sony Xperia T with JellyBam Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM
Finally, the CM10, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid based JellyBam custom ROM firmware has been made available for the Xperia T smartphone, so as you can already tell, during the present step by step guide we will be checking in how to install the software on your Android powered device. The best part is that by updating your Xperia T with JellyBam OS, you will also install the latest Android 4.1.2 system on your phone, so all the default Jelly Bean features along with many extra ones will be ported to your Xperia handset. That’s enough chatting, so let’s get started with the proper tutorial.
The JellyBam platform is well known due to its capabilities and features that are combined from three custom ROMs, the CM10, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid ones. Actually, installing JellyBam means that you will be able to enjoy all the goods that are included in the most complex, powerful and popular custom ROMs available for the Android OS. The software can also be updated to other handsets, like Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, or LG Optimus 3D, so the Sony Xperia T is not the only smartphone suitable with the JellyBam flavor.
But, the most important thing that should be cleared for you is referring to the following detail: this is not an official update, so this tutorial has nothing to do with Sony. In fact, the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based firmware is being provided by those of xda-developers, which means that by installing the same on your Xperia T, you will void the warranty of your device. That’s not the only thing that is related to the above mentioned aspect, the below list being linked to the same. Read all the lines from this tutorial or else you will not be able to safely complete the same and worst you can even end up in bricking your Sony Xperia T.
- First, the CM10, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid based JellyBam Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware is developed and provided by those of xda-developers so if you want to learn more about this update check our source page from here.
- Then, as this is a complex and risky operation, you should start the update procedure by completing a full backup. A full backup means that you have to save the messages, call logs, market apps and everything else you need to, but also you should make a Nandroid backup by using the recovery mode.
- After backing up the data you must root the Xperia T. The JellyBam OS can be installed only on an unchained system and the root task is exactly what you need for removing the factory restrictions out from your smartphone.
- After that, you have to download and flash a custom recovery image (CWM recovery is recommended) on your phone. This is a must have because the CWM recovery tool will be used for the update operation.
- Remember that the warranty will get void, so be careful in what you do.
- You can afterwards regain the warranty; for that you will have to downgrade your Xperia T to stock ROM, or update the same with an official Android software.
- This is a manual method that can be used for updating the Xperia T with the JellyBam Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM, so a Windows running computer will be required.
- Then, enable the USB debugging option on your handset or else you will not be able to connect it with the computer.
- Also, for ensuring that the phone stays “alive” during the installation process, charge the battery before applying the steps from below.
- On the computer and on the device there shouldn’t be any security programs installed or running; these tools are usually interfering with our work and we don’t want that to happen.
- This step by step guide is suitable only for the Sony Xperia T smartphones; installing the CM10, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid powered JellyBam Android 4.1.2 ROM on a similar device will brick the same.
How to Update Sony Xperia T with JellyBam Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- On the computer use the link from here and download the JellyBam update file.
- You don’t have to download the Google Apps package as it is included in the update file.
- Then, you need to place this file on your phone; for that, first connect the handset with the computer.
- Unplug the USB cord and turn off the smartphone.
- Up next, reboot the Xpeira T by pressing the power button; when the LED light turn purple you should press the Volume Down button (for 2012 models) or the Back button (for 2011 models) and the recovery mode will be displayed.
- Complete a backup before going any further.
- And then select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Go back to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Up next select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- You can pick the update file and install the same.
- When the update process is over, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Usually, the first boot will take longer than usual; so if that happens, don’t worry as there is nothing wrong with your handset.
- Also, if you have previously made a Nandroid backup you can restore the stock ROM by rebooting into recovery once more.
Congratulations, you have managed to update your Sony Xperia T with the CM10, AOKP and Paranoid Android based JellyBam Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware. Do share your impressions with us by using the comments area.