Update Sony Xperia T LT30p to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
As you know, Sony released the official Jelly Bean firmware for the Xperia T LT30p handsets, so anyone who owns the mentioned device can now OTA update their smartphones to Android 4.1.2 OS. Unfortunately, according to those who had tried to flash the Jelly Bean system over the air, there are some issues with the same, as the “Unable to Contact with Update Server” error has been reported. Well, if you have the same issue, or if the update hasn’t arrived to you by now, then you can use the present step by step guide for learning on how to manually update the Xperia T to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software.
This guide must also be completed by those who have rooted their smartphones as a rooted device can’t OTA receive official updates. Furthermore, the same is applying if your Sony Xperia T is being powered by a custom ROM firmware. As you can see, knowing how to manually flash the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software on your Xperia T is extremely important, especially if your phone has been unlocked, or updated with a beta ROM. Take note that we are dealing with the stock OS, so the tutorial will be easy to understand and to perform, so you have nothing to worry about.
Now, the present OS improvement has been rolled out by Sony just for the Xperia T model number LT30p handsets, so you should apply the same only if you own the mentioned device. We are dealing with a major update, meaning that your phone will be installed with new features, apps and capabilities, so it is more than recommended to at least try the new Jelly Bean platform. The firmware is dubbed as 9.1.A.0.489 and is the pure, default version of the Android 4.1.2 system.
Now, before heading to the proper steps, you first have to apply the pre requisites. There are also some other things that you must take notice of, so check the following lines where you will find all the info needed related to the present tutorial. Don’t skip any section of this guide, or else you can end up in bricking your Xperia T.
- The warranty of your phone will not get voided if you complete this manual update operation. Furthermore, by performing the same you can restore the warranty, in case it has been previously lost.
- This guide can be applied on rooted and locked Xperia T devices, but in case you have a rooted phone, after updating to official 9.1.A.0.489 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS, the root access will be revoked.
- You can re-root your handset but only by following a guide that is suitable with the new firmware; or you can use a general root tutorial.
- A computer or notebook will be required for this operation; also your Xperia T and its USB cable should be near you.
- You need to enable the USB debugging option on your smartphone (else you won’t be able to properly connect your phone with the computer); you can perform this by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- On your computer and on your phone there shouldn’t be any security tools running; these programs might interfere with the flashing procedure.
- If your device has less than 60% power left you should charge its battery before going any further.
- A backup is more than recommended. You should save your contacts list, call logs, text messages, market apps and everything you need to because all of your personal info might get wiped off. Don’t use the ROM manager or the PC Companion tool for applying the backup; use backup and restore apps from Google Play.
How to Update Sony Xperia T LT30p to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
- First of all, on your computer install the Xperia T drivers; you can do this by using the link from here.
- Then download the following files on your computer: the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware file from here and the Flash tool from here.
- You need to install the Flash tool; open the same and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Take the downloaded .ftf file and place it on a new folder from your Desktop.
- Go to the path where you have installed the Flash tool program (such as C:\Flashtool).
- Open the Flash tool program.
- From the window that opens click on the “thunder” symbol.
- Select “flashmode” followed by “ok” to confirm.
- Now, go to the firmware selection window.
- From there click on the “…” button.
- Select the .ftf file or enter the path from where the file is and the software will be picked up automatically.
- Make sure that the “wipe cache” and “wipe data” option are being checked.
- Connect your phone with the computer while pressing on Volume Up button in order to enter your device into flash mode.
- Now, the update process will start automatically.
- Wait while the update is being applied, and in the end, unplug the USB cable and reboot your phone.
Now, in case you will get a boot loop, then you will have to reboot into recovery mode; from there wipe the data once more, by selecting “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition. Also, go to “Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number” and check whether the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 9.1.A.0.489 firmware is there or not.
Congratulation, you now know what to do when needed to manually update your Sony Xperia T LT30p to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. The ROM is stable, but you still need to test the same in order to see if everything is working as expected. DO tell us how things worked for you and share your impressions and thoughts related to the present step by step guide with us by using the comments area from below.