If you want the best for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 then you should try the latest custom ROMs firmware provided by those of xda-developers. The updates are coming with important features and capabilities that can easily power up and customize the performances of your device, so don’t hesitate and search through our how to section for suitable tutorials. Now, during the present step by step guide, I will show you how to install the new Aeonfluxx Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom software on your Galaxy S3 T999, so for the proper flashing process take a look below.
First it should be clear for you that the Aeonfluxx is not an official update released by Samsung for your Galaxy S3, so the software has nothing to do with the mentioned company. As already mentioned this is a custom ROM developed and launched by those of xda-developers, so we have them to thanks for this tutorial. Because of that you cannot OTA receive or by using Kies apply the OS on your T-Mobile SGS3, so a manual method must be performed. I will explain the same during the steps from below.
The Aeonfluxx firmware is being based on the stock Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build UVDLJA for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and brings important features that cannot be found in the official version of the Android system. The update is zipaligned, debloated, deodexed and comes with root permission, therefore you have nothing to worry about, all the important capabilities are being included in the Aeonfluxx ROM. If you want to learn more about this new update, you can check our source page, by using the link from here. Then, return here and resume the rest of the lines.
A custom ROM, such as the Aeonfluxx Jelly Bean 4.1.1 one, can be installed only if your Galaxy S3 has been previously prepared for the update operation. For that we have the essential and general pre requisites. You have all the preparation tasks explained below, so don’t skip the next list. It is important to apply all the steps, or else you will risk in bricking your device, not to mention that you will not be able to update your T-Mobile SGS3 with Aeonfluxx Android 4.1.1 software.
- Gaining root access for your Galaxy S3 is a must have because the update will require access to some internal files.
- You can provide this access only by rooting the internal system and for that you can use our step by step guide.
- After rooting a custom recovery image must be installed on your phone, this app being required for the actual flashing operation (I will show you how to use the same a little bit later).
- By completing the above mentioned procedures the warranty of your device will get void.
- A tip related to the warranty: you can restore the same by downgrading to the stock ROM or by updating your S3 with an official OS released by Samsung for your T-Mobile branded smartphone.
- Also, a backup is more than recommended because a wipe of the system will have to be applied. Without previously wiping the data you will not be able to flash the Jelly Bean based Aeonfluxx custom ROM, so do make a full backup for saving the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS, internet setting and so on.
- If you can, do a Nandroid backup too; in this way if you don’t like the new firmware you will be able to easily restore the stock one.
- Then, ensure that you can use a Windows powered computer or notebook with internet connection enabled.
- Also, the USB cable and the phone must be near you.
- The process can’t be safely completed unless all the security programs are being deactivated from both computer and smartphone; furthermore, the battery of your Galaxy S3 should be fully charged, or else the handset might get turned off while trying to apply the below steps.
- Then, on your handset enable the USB debugging option.
- Finally, do not follow this tutorial if you own a similar device with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 model number T999, because the Aeonfluxx firmware will work only for the mentioned smartphone.
How to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with Aeonfluxx Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware
- Use this link and download the update file on your computer / notebook.
- Then, you must place this file on your phone.
- For that first connect the device with the computer via USB cable.
- And then select the downloaded file and copy-paste it to the phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cord.
- And turn off the handset.
- Reboot in recovery mode: press and hold the Volume Up, Power and the Home buttons.
- Use the recovery menu and first select to perform a full wipe: “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “advanced” followed by “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and then return to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- From there now select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the update file from the SD card and start the flashing operation.
- In the end just select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
The first boot of your Galaxy S3 will take longer than usual (around 3 minutes). Don’t press anything and don’t panic as there is nothing wrong with your handset. Also, test the new ROM and if you don’t like it reboot in recovery again and restore the stock software (if you have previously made a Nandroid backup).
So, that was all for now. The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 has been successfully updated with the Aeonfluxx Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware. According to those who had already tried the OS, there aren’t bugs or issues in the system, but if you do find something that isn’t working properly share the same by using the comments area from below. Stay close for further guides and Android related tips and tricks.