The T-Mobile Galaxy S3 has just received a brand new custom ROM, JellyBro is the name, that uses the stock ROM and adds new CyanogenMod10-based features and components to your device so that you’ll experience a better Jelly Bean experience on your smartphone.
This is an early release and it still might be buggy, which is why you should create a full backup of you ROM before installing this one. If you wish to flash this ROM correctly, please use the guidelines below:
- install the JellyBro Jelly Bean CM10-based custom ROM only on the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with the model number T999.
- Create a full backup of your currently installed ROM.
- ClockworkMod Recovery should be installed on your T999 smartphone as otherwise you won’t be able to flash this new custom ROM.
- Your device should be on a rooted firmware. If yours isn’t then please use this guide HERE.
- Backup all your apps, SMS, Call Logs and APN Internet settings using these tools: AppBAK for Android apps backup | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync your phone contacts with your Gmail account.
- Charge the Galaxy S3 T999 battery so that it won’t switch OFF in the middle of JellyBro custom ROM installation.
- Read the entire post and only afterwards start installing this new firmware.
- Do not blame us in case you device gets bricked during the update process, you’re installing the custom ROM at your own risk.
Now that you’ve read all of the above, you can start installing the ROM files. Don’t skip any steps that I have listed and make sure that in case you cannot complete the tutorial, then use the comments section and ask for help.
JellyBro ROM is based on CM10 but it cannot be considered a full nor an official installation created by CyanogenMod team. It is a custom ROM based on stock Galaxy S3 firmware and CM10 source code.
Install JellyBro Jelly Bean ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999
- Download the custom ROM zip file from HERE.
- Download GApps file for Jelly Bean from HERE. This one needs to be flashed as it will install Google Now, Play Store and all the other Google apps.
- Now copy both files on your device’s internal SDcard.
- Disconnect the T999 phone from PC and then power it OFF.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery mode. It can be done by pressing ‘volume up’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons.
- When in ClockworkMod Recovery main screen you should select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm the process.
- Now you can install the ROM. Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and from the next recovery screen select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Locate the JellyBro ROM zip file and install it.
- Next, repeat step 7 and this time you will have to install the ‘GApps’ zip file. When both are installed successfully you should return to the main recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’. Wait for your phone to perform the first boot with this new ROM.
- Enter your Google account credentials when your Galaxy S3 T999 boots successfully. That’s it, you’ve managed to install a new Jelly Bean based custom ROM and you should begin testing its features and see which one is your favorite.
If the first boot cannot complete, it might mean that the ROM wasn’t installed correctly and you should repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed. For any extra help please use the comments section and you’ll get help.