Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 with Official Stock Android 4.1.1 UVDLJA Firmware
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 has just received a new OTA update with the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean UVDLJA firmware. In this post you’ll find the stock UVDLJA firmware ROM and this means that the root access will be revoked. Use all the info listed in this post and you should be able to flash all files without too much trouble.
This update will install the UVDLJA Firmware of Android 4.1 on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and it brings all the Jelly bean functions and features except for those of the Android 4.2. You will get Google Now, offline voice typing, resizable widgets for the homescreen and multiple other improvements.
To correctly flash this update, you will first have to read the preparation guidelines below:
- Install this update only on the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy S3 smartphone. Do not attempt to flash it on any other smartphone or Android device as that will result in a bricked device.
- Create a full NANDROID backup of the currently installed ROM before you move to the tutorial guide.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers for your device onto your computer. Windows 32bit X86 USB drivers | Windows 64bit X64 USB drivers. If you don’t have these your device will not be recognized by your PC and you cannot update the phone.
- Sync your Contacts with your Gmail account.
- Enable the USB Debugging option from your device’s Settings> Developer Options menu.
- Charge your device’s battery so that you won’t see the device powering off in the middle of the updating process.
- If your phone is rooted, then this update will revoke its root access.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you damage your device or in case you lose any data in the process.
- Read the entire post and make sure that you apply all the steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial. Do not use this guide in case you’re a beginner to installing stock firmware with ODIN.
These are all the extra instructions that you had to read before moving to the ‘how-to’ tutorial. In case you’re having problems with the installation of this process, you should ask for more help in the comments section and we will try to help you complete the update.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Official UVDLJA Firmware:
- Download UVDLJA Jelly Bean 4.1 Firmware update for T999 phone from HERE. Extract the zip contents and save them to a folder on your PC desktop. You should get a ‘.tar’ file extension.
- Download ODIN 3 v3.04 from HERE. Extract its contents and put them in the Update Firmware folder.
- Power OFF your SGS3 T-Mobile and after that you have to boot into Download Mode. Do it by pressing the following keys: Volume Down, Home and Power. When the screen powers ON you can release the buttons.
- Go to your PC and launch the Odin executable from the folder created at step 2.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC now using the USB cable. Your device will be recognized by ODIN and it should say ‘ADDED!!’. Now move to the next step.
- Go to ODIN and now click the PDA button and then load the ‘T999UVDLJA tar’ file. Now make sure that the ‘Re-Partition’ option is unchecked, while the other ODIN options should be left unchanged.
- Press the ‘START’ button and wait until the install is complete. When that happens ODIN will say ‘PASS’ and your device will restart.
- Disconnect the phone from PC and wait until it boots into normal mode.
- That’s it, now you’ve successfully flashed the new Android 4.1 UVDLJA Jelly Bean Stock Firmware on your T-Mobile SGS3 phone.
NOTE: In case ODIN says ‘FAIL’ then you should Close ODIN, remove the phone’s battery and then re-insert it back into phone and repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 3. Eventually you should manage to flash all files successfully.
NOTE2: If ODIN says ‘PASS’ but the phone is unable to boot after the installation or it gets into a boot loop, then you will have to perform some extra steps. These actions will wipe the phone data from the /system partition but it will not change the ‘SD card internal storage’ contents. Here’s what you need to do:
- Power off your device and remove its battery.
- Re-insert the battery after 5 seconds have passed.
- Boot into CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding at the same time the following buttons: volume up, home and Power.
- When the CWM recovery mode loads you should select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm its actions.
- When the Factory Reset step is complete you have to choose ‘reboot system now’ and the device will boot normally into its new UVDLJA Android 4.1 firmware ROM.
That’s it, you’ve managed to update your device and now you’re free to begin testing its new Jelly Bean firmware. If you have any other questions or in case you cannot go past some of the steps above, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of this post and we will try to give a solution so that you’ll complete the update.