Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile with model number T999 has just received a new Jelly Bean firmware update that is also rooted and, you can use the instructions listed in this post to successfully apply the installation of all required files on your smartphone. Make sure that you read the entire tutorial first and only after that you should start to apply the changes and install the UVDLH3 Jelly Bean 4.1 rooted firmware.
This tutorial can be used to update your SGS3 T-Mobile to the latest Jelly Bean Android 4.1 firmware manually using CWM Recovery and the best thing about it, it that it is a rooted ROM firmware pack and you won’t need to re-root the phone after the update is installed. Use the instructions in this post only if you’re an advanced user that knows how to correctly use CWM recovery and the other tools that are needed when it comes to updating smartphone firmwares and installing new tools that are granting root access.
This UVDLH3 JB firmware is destined for T999 model number of T-Mobile Galaxy S3 smartphone and since it is a leaked release you should create a backup of all applications and possibly a full backup of the existing ROM. More about this can be found in the prep guide. If you wish to update your phone with the T999UVDLH3 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware you will first need to read the preparation guide below and learn how to correctly configure your phone and your PC, so that you’ll eventually manage to install all files from your first attempt. Here is what you need to know:
- install this update only on the Samsung Galaxy S3 T-mobile variant with the model number T999. Do not attempt to install it on any other smartphones as it won’t work and you might end up bricking the device. If you want to check your phone’s model number, open Settings, then scroll down to About phone / device option and check the info listed under ‘Model Number’.
- In order to install this ROM you should have a rooted device and CWM Recovery has to be installed on your phone.
- Create a full backup of the existing ROM so that in case something goes wrong and you cannot use the phone after the Update, then you will still be able to restore the working ROM and regain control over your phone.
- To backup only selected apps, SMS, Call Logs and the APN Internet Settings you will have to use the following tools for Android devices: AppBAK for Android apps backup | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- If you wish to backup files such as videos, music and other files, then you can move them on your phone’s internal SDcard as this one won’t be changed during the update.
- Save your stored phone numbers by syncing them with your Gmail account.
- Enable USB Debugging mode option.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that it won’t power OFF while you’re applying the changes. Make sure that you don’t skip any of the steps listed in the tutorial. If the phone’battery discharges completely during the update, then you will be forced to first charge the battery and only after the power levels are over 70% you should restart the installation.
- Note that you’re installing this new rooted firmware on your S3 T-Mobile at your own risk and you shouldn’t blame us in case the phone gets damaged during the update process. This tutorial is destined to be used exclusively by advanced Android users and you shouldn’t try to install the new ROM if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- This is a leaked Jelly Bean firmware and you shouldn’t consider it an official release. Apply all the steps listed in the tutorial manually using CWM recovery.
- Now that you know all this info you should move to the next part of this post.
The tutorial below should be applied only after you read the entire post. Remember that in case you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for help in comments.
Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 to leaked UVDLH3 Jelly Bean 4.1 Rooted Firmware
- Download the T999UVDLH3 rooted firmware from HERE or HERE. Save the file on your PC and do not extract its contents.
- After the download of the firmware is complete you should proceed and connect your phone to your PC. Move the T999UVDLH3 zip file on your device’s internal sdcard.
- After the transfer of the zip is finished you should disconnect the phone from computer and then power it OFF.
- Boot into CWM Recovery mode now. Do it by pressing and holding ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons. When the screen powers ON you should release the button and the ClockworkMod Recovery menu should load successfully.
- If you didn’t create a backup of the existing T-Mobile S3 ROM, then you should select ‘backup and restore’ and backup the ROM on your phone’s internal Sdcard. When the backup is complete, or in case you already made a ROM backup before moving to the tutorial, you can move to the next step.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm that you want to wipe all data.
- Next, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after that you should select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ or ‘choose zip from internal sdcard’, as it depends on the location where you’ve placed the ROM zip file.
- Find the T999UVDLH3 firmware zip and install it. Confirm that you wish to apply all the changes and wait for the ROM to be installed.
- When the install is complete you should return to the main CWM Recovery screen and select ‘reboot system’ option.
- Now your phone will boot for the first time with the new ROM. This process will take at least 5 minutes to complete, but in case it takes over 15 minutes, then you should remove the phone battery, re-insert it and then repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 4.
- If the first boot process into UVDLH3 T999 rooted Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware has been successful then you will be shown the welcome JB screen and you should enter your Google profile details and take control over your phone.
That should do it and now you should be able to start testing this leaked Jelly Bean rooted ROM. Post your comments at the end of this post and tell us how is this leaked firmware working for your smartphone. Also, you can use the comments section to ask for our help in case you cannot complete the update.