CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Nightlies are now live for all the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 users on Verizon. Check the info in this post in order to learn how to successfully flash the new custom ROM for your tablet.
CM 13.0 Nightlies are some of the best custom Marshmallow ROMs that you can run on your Note 10.1 Verizon tablet. If you’re looking to get rid of the TouchWiz interface and run a custom ROM that looks like stock Android, then the CM 13 ROM is your best bet to do just that. Check the following guidelines before starting the flashing process:
- use this tutorial only with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets.
– the codename of this device should be I925.
- do not attempt to install CM 13.0 ROM files you find in this post on any other different Android devices.
- your Note 10.1 Verizon tablet has to be rooted and it should run the latest build of CWM or TWRP custom Recovery image.
– the installed custom Recovery has to be updated to its latest version in order to make sure that it supports Android 6.0.1-based custom ROMs.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you can find two extra steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full backup for the ROM that is already installed on your device.
– Factory Reset is going to wipe the old ROM and allow CM 13.0 Nightly ROM to boot in normal mode.
– factory resetting the tablet won’t delete any data from the internal storage of your tablet.
– don’t skip these preparation steps in case you want for your tablet to boot in normal mode after CM 13.0 is installed.
- if you need to save info and files from installed apps you can use Helium tool.
- your tablet’s battery charge level has to be over 50%, as that will prevent it from powering off during the installation of Android 6.0.1 CM 13.0 ROM.
- read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
- install the custom ROM only if you are an advanced user, as we cannot be blamed in case you brick the tablet nor if you lose any important data files.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
After you install the CM 13.0 Marshmallow Nightly you should go to CyanogenMod Updates menu under Settings> About Tablet and check for newer CM 13 builds. If there is any new Nightly or SNAPSHOT CM 13 build available, then you should download and install it, so that you will run the latest release possible.
How to flash CM 13.0 Nightly ROM for Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE:
- Download CM 13 Nightly zip here.
- Download Gapps for CM 13 ROMs from here.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your tablet’s internal storage.
– do not extract the archived contents of the zip files.
– disconnect your tablet from PC.
- Switch off the device.
- Boot the Note 10.1 Verizon tablet in Recovery Mode.
– Volume Up + Home need to be held in order to boot Recovery mode.
- Setup the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s already installed on your device.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Start the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select’ wipe’.
– confirm factory reset and continue to the next when done.
- Flash CM 13.0 ROM installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13.0 Nightly zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode when all files are done installing on your tablet.
– note that the first boot process of this new custom ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new files.
In case you need any extra help completing this tutorial, then you should tell us in comments.
If the installation fails you should try to repeat the CM 13.0 flashing process more than once and to make sure that you won’t skip any steps in the process. Also, make sure that your tablet meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.