The official CM 13 Nightlies are live for all the Verizon LG G2 users and, if you’re one of them, then you can flash the new custom ROM on your device using the instructions listed below.
The new CM 13 Nightly is based on the AOSP Android 6.0 builds, and you will get all the stock Marshmallow features and functions. Check the CyanogenMod blog page here for extra info on this release.
Remember that the Nightly builds are not 100% stable ROMs, which means that you might find errors and bugs while testing them on your LG G2 Verizon phone. Before starting the installation process you should check the following guidelines:
- use this post only with the Verizon edition of the LG G2 phone.
– do not try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
– the model number of your phone can be found listed under Settings> About Phone menu.
- your phone has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image based on either CWM or TWRP.
– the installed custom Recovery has to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it will support the newest Android 6.0-custom ROMs.
- in the tutorial part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID ROM Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
– the NANDROID ROM Backup creates a full restore point for your device, a complete backup that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the factory reset process wipes clean the system memory partition, it removes the old ROM and allows the new CM 13 Nightly ROM to be installed successfully.
– the ‘factory reset’ won’t remove any data from internal storage.
- if you need to save data from installed apps or other similar files, then you can use the Helium tool for Android.
- check battery charge level before starting installation, it should be over 50%, as it will prevent the device from powering down during the flashing process of the new CM 13 Nightly ROM.
- you should use this post to update your LG G2 Verizon phone only if you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed if you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
Note that the CM 13 Nightly can be continuously updated with new releases by using the CyanogenMod Updates menu from under Settings> About Phone menu.
How to flash CM 13 Nightly Android 6.0 ROM for Verizon LG G2:
- Download the CM 13 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the archived files.
- Power off the phone and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Set a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s installed on your LG G2 first:
– CWM-based Recovery: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’.
– set a name for this file and confirm process.
- You have to Factory Reset the device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ options.
– confirm process.
- Start the CM 13 Nightly flashing process:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13 Nightly zip and confirm the installation process.
- After the new ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip, too.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode when all the new files are done installing.
– note that the first boot process of this new custom ROM is going to take at least 10 minutes before it loads all new files.
- Use your default Google account in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
If you need any extra help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.
If the installation fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once, but you should not skip any steps. Also, make sure that your Verizon LG G2 meets all requirements listed above this tutorial.