Update Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX CDMA to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX CDMA variant on Verizon has received its own Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update. This guide is destined to be used by users who didn’t receive the notification alert. Read the entire post and you should be able to flash the update in no time.
This update has been rolled out for all users of Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx CDMA version and most users managed to install it. However, there are many users who didn’t receive the full update and the download stopped at 50% without continuing after restarting the phone. Knowing all of this makes you wondere how can someone install the update since only a few got the full update file. That is why you should know about the XDA developer, DevAB, who release the full zip of the official Android 4.1.2 Firmware file.
If you want to successfully flash this update, read the guidelines below and learn how to correctly configure your device. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this tutorial only with the Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx CDMA phone. Do not attempt to install this firmware update on any other smartphone.
- An external SD card is needed. The internal SD card storage space cannot be used with this tutorial.
- Your device has to be on a Stock ICS Firmware. It works even if your device is rooted but it should be running stock Android 4.0 ICS.
- Backup all your important data files so that you won’t lose any important photos, audio, videos nor any other file.
- Save your Contacts by syncing them with your Gmail account.
- Charge the device’s battery and this will prevent it from powering off during the installation process.
- Use this tutorial only if you know what you’re doing and don’t use it in case you’re a novice.
- Go over all the instructions listed in this post and make sure that you won’t forget to apply some of them. In case you have problems in completing the installation of this new OTA Update, then you should ask for more instructions in comments.
These were all guidelines that you had to read before getting to the tutorial guide. Now you can begin updating your device.
How to update Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx CDMA to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download the Official Android 4.1.2 ROM zip from HERE. Save this file on your PC desktop.
- Rooted users need to download the OTA RootKeeper application from HERE. Install it on your smartphone. If your device is not rooted, then you can skip steps 2 and 3.
- Launch the OTA RootKeeper application on your device. Backup the Root Status by using the ‘Protect Root’ option. When you’re done you should click on Temp Unroot option and now remove root before getting to the next step. When done, you can continue to the next step.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC now and then move the Android 4.1.2 Verizon Update file on its external SD card.
- When the transfer is complete you need to disconnect the device from PC and after that you have to power off the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx.
- Boot your device by pressing at the same time ‘volume up’, ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons. Select Recovery option and then press again ‘Volume up’.
- A green Android and a triangle will appear now on your device’s screen and then you have to press again ‘volume up’ and ‘volume down’ buttons at the same time. This loads the Stock Recovery mode for your device.
- Select ‘wipe cache’ option and confirm.
- Select ‘install zip from external sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Find the Android 4.1.2 JB Zip file and confirm that you want to install it.
- The updating process will take up to 10 minutes. Don’t press any other buttons and simply wait until your device boots into normal mode.
- If your device is not rooted then you’re done and now you simply have to begin testing the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and get a taste of all its new features and functions.
If your device was rooted, then you will have to launch the OTA RootKeeper and restore the SU backup. After that you will have to hit the ‘Restore root’ button. This will re-root your device and then you can begin testing the new firmware update.
These were all the steps that you had to take. In case you didn’t manage to flash this update then you can ask for more help in comments by leaving a detailed post explaining exactly which steps you took and we should be able to come up with a solution.