Update Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Jelly Bean EOS custom ROM
The Andorid 4.1 Jelly Bean was launched some time ago and now developers managed to create a working custom ROM for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus smartphone. Use the info I’ve listed in this post and you will learn how to successfully flash the Jelly Bean by Team EOS custom ROM files on your device.
This Team EOS Custom ROM of Android 4.1 for Galaxy Nexus can be easily flashed on your device. Make sure to read all the steps I’ve listed here and it is recommended for you to be an advanced Android user. Note that this custom ROM might have some problems and bugs and you should install it only if you’re a Jelly Bean enthusiast that loves to test such new firmware and custom installation.
Team EOS custom ROM is based on Jelly Bean 4.1 and it will bring a better interface with numerous other improved functions and Android tools. Before you can start to flash this ROM you should read the preparation guide below. You’ll learn how to correctly configure your device for the updating process. Here’s what you need to know:
- Apply Team EOS custom ROM only on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus smartphone. Do not attempt to flash the files in this article on any other Android device.
- The tutorial will tell you to wipe all data stored on your device’s memory card. Make sure to move your important files on its internal or external sdcard. These two won’t be edited during the custom ROM installation.
- Installed applications, APN Settings, Call Logs and SMS can be saved using these specific Android utilities: AppBAK for Android apps backups | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Also, save your Phone Contacts by syncing them with your Google Account. This guide here will help you do that.
- Enable USB Debugging and after that charge your phone’s battery until its power levels are over 70%.
- Your device should be on an unlocked bootloader. Install CWM Recovery on your phone. If your device meets these requirements then you should be set, as this means that it is also rooted. If your Verizon Galaxy Nexus isn’t rooted then you should click the device name listed under the article’s photo and you should find a helpful guide.
- Note that this guide should be applied only by advanced Android users. In case you cannot complete the installation then you should ask for help in comments.
These are all the guidelines you needed before starting to flash the TEAM EOS Jelly Bean 4.1 ROM on your smartphone. Don’t skip any of the steps I’ve listed and make sure that you know how to use CWM Recovery. Now that you know all this, move to the tutorial guide.
How to install Team EOS Android 4.1 Jelly Bean AOSP custom ROM on Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- Download the custom ROM zip file HERE. Save the file on your device and don’t extract its contents.
- Download the GApps file HERE. This one needs to be installed so that you’ll be able to use Gmail, Google Now and other Google based apps.
- Move both files on your phone’s internal sdcard. After that power off the device and boot into CWM Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding ‘volume up’ + ‘volume down’ + ‘power’ buttons, all at the same time. When the custom recovery mode is loaded, release the buttons and move to the next step.
- Now select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm this process.
- Next, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option. Find the custom ROM zip file and install it.
- Repeat step 5 and install the Gapps zip file.
- After the ROM and Gapps have been installed successfully you should return to the main recovery screen and select ‘reboot system now’.
- The Verizon Galaxy Nexus will now begin its first boot into EOS Jelly Bean custom ROM. Wait at least 10 minutes for it to load all the necessary files. If the boot takes way too long to finish, then you should return to the preparation guide, re-read that info and after that repeat the instructions I’ve listed here in the tutorial guide.
- Eventually the custom ROM should be installed and you will be free to test its new features and functions.
After you install the ROM you will need to enable Voice Search function for Google NOW. Here’s how to do this:
- Open Settings from your phone’s Jelly Bean app drawer.
- Open ‘Language & Input’ and.
- Find ‘Speech’ then click the ‘Voice Search’ option.
- Tap the ‘Download offline speech recognition’.
- Swipe across to the ‘ALL’ tab if you need to.
- Download the files and that should do it.
That’s it, these were all the steps you had to take in order to successfully apply EOS Jelly Bean 4.1 custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus smartphone. Use the comments section to post all your extra questions regarding Jelly Bean, Android, Galaxy Nexus and Google related devices and services.