How to Update Sony Xperia T with Jelly Sandwich Custom ROM
Sony’s latest accomplish, the Xperia T can be easily updated to Jelly Bean OS as soon as you learn how to install the Jelly Sandwich custom ROM firmware on your device. The update was developed and tested by those of xda-developers, so we have them to thanks for the present tutorial. You have the full installation procedure explained below, along with the pre requisites and features list of the Jelly Sandwich firmware therefore, if you want to improve and personalize the Xperia T with the first custom ROM suitable with the mentioned phone, check the following lines.
According to our sources, this ROM is the fastest one available for the Xperia T and will work on both bootloader locked and unlocked versions. The Jelly Sandwich is being based on the ICS platform but comes with many Jelly Bean features and capabilities. Furthermore, once you update to the same, you will be able to gain more speed, the battery life of your handset will be improved, the looks personalized and the system optimized for providing more power. Also, the next updates will bring even more features and the flashing process will be done automatically. But, since then, you need to complete this step by step guide.
As I have mentioned something about the features, the best will be to display the full list of them. So, take a look below and see for yourselves if the Jelly Sandwich is the update you need for the Xperia T smartphone. If not, stay close as further firmware will be developed and released in the future; hopefully CM10 and AOKP will be soon available. Anyway, here is the full list of enhancements:
If you like what you see, then you should know that for being able to apply the Jelly Bean update, you will have to root the Xperia T. But, you must be aware, as this will imply in voiding the warranty, so if something bad happens and you damage or brick the system, you will be by yourselves. If you don’t like this idea or if you are a newbie, then maybe it will be better to stop here. Anyway, always use and follow a tutorial, don’t perform things by yourselves. The warranty can be restored though, but only by downgrading to the stock ROM or by updating to an official firmware released by Sony and suitable with your Xperia T.
Also, this method requires a custom recovery image in order to work, so you need to download and install the same on your phone. You can get any recovery you wish to, CWM recovery being the most popular one. Then, just before starting the installation procedure, you must backup the data. A full wipe of the system must be performed, so all of your personal info will be wiped out. For avoiding this from happening you must backup the data, an operation which can be easily completed by downloading some suitable apps from Google Play. Well, after taking care of this task, you should read and apply the things from the next list:
- On the computer you will have to use and on your phone uninstall the antivirus and any other security tools as these programs are usually interrupting the update operation.
- Next, on the handset go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Also, the smartphone must have enough battery life (at least 60%) or else it might get turned off in the middle of the procedure.
- Install this update only if you’re device is rooted. Also, you will need to use CWM Recovery image to flash the Jelly Sandwich release.
- Don’t apply the tutorial unless you own the Sony Xperia T or TX handset as the installation of the Jelly Sandwich custom ROM will work only on the mentioned Android powered device.
How to Update Xperia T with Jelly Sandwich Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file from here.
- Save it on your computer.
- Connect the phone with the PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file to your handset.
- Remove the USB cord.
- Turn the device off.
- Reboot in recovery.
- Then, from recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” (this is why you need to backup the data first”.
- Return to the main menu (“+++go back+++”).
- Select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and start the installation procedure.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
If something isn’t working, or if you get a bootloop or different errors, try to do the following:
- Download Flashtool.
- Extract the same on your computer.
- Download or restore the ICS stock ROM.
- Install it by using flashtool.
- On your way, choose “exclude kernel” (this can be checked from a prompt of flashtool).
- Put the ROM (the Jelly Sandwich one) on the SD card of your Xperia T.
- Flash it by using recovery (similar as the procedure above).
- Wipe the data.
- And finally install the Jelly Sandwich ROM.
So, there you have it; the easiest way from which you can learn how to update the Sony Xperia T to Jelly Bean OS; all this by installing the Jelly Sandwich custom ROM firmware into its system. Do tell us if there were problems while trying to flash the firmware and we will do our best in order to help you out. Don’t hesitate and contact us for any other question related to the Android topic by using the comments area from below, or the “contact us” section.