Samsung has rolled out a brand new official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware upgrade for all the International Galaxy Note 3 LTE models.
Check the instructions listed in this post if you want to learn how to successfully flash a brand new official firmware manually without waiting until the official update arrives in your region.
This new update firmware has been usually released over the air for all users, but there are some that are still waiting for this update to arrive in their region. Android 5.0 N9005XXUGBOK4 update comes with bug fixes, security patches and stability tweaks that will greatly improve your Lollipop experience.
Before starting the installation process you should read the following guidelines below:
- use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE models.
– the model number of your device has to be none other than the SM – N9005.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- download Samsung USB Drivers from here.
– if you install the drivers you will make sure that your phone is detected by the computer allowing the updating process to go ahead.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– the Developer Options might be hidden which is why you will have to enable it first.
– go to Settings> About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number section.
– get back to Settings menu, scroll down to find Developer Options and enable USB Debugging after that.
- the Samsung KIES and antivirus apps should be disabled on your computer.
– these apps are going to try and block ODIN from flashing any files on your Galaxy Note 3 device.
- the Odin3 v3.10.6 is the tool that you will have to use in order to flash a brand new official Android 5.0 update on your device.
– for Odin to work you need to disabled those antivirus apps as they will try to block Odin from running on your device.
- if your Galaxy Note 3 is rooted, then the root access is going to be revoked in the process.
– any custom Recovery is going to be replaced with a stock Recovery, too.
- in case you are running a custom ROM on your phone, then you should know that you will need to factory reset the device, too.
– the factory reset has to be applied in order to remove the old custom ROM and allow the new official firmware to boot in normal mode.
– factory resetting the phone is not going to remove any data from internal storage of your device
– note that the ‘factory reset’ steps are listed at the end of this post.
- if your phone has a 100% stock ROM running on it, then the updating process can be applied right away, as there will be no data lost in the process.
- read the entire post first and make sure not to skip any steps.
- the battery charge of your phone has to be over 50%, as it will prevent the phone from powering off during the installation and first boot processes of this new Android 5.0 ROM.
- use the tutorial only in case you are an advanced user.
– we won’t be held responsible in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- create backups for all important files.
Now that you know all that you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash Android 5.0 N9005XXUGBOK4 Lollipop update for Galaxy Note 3 LTE International Model:
- Download the N9005XXUGBOK4 Lollipop firmware file from here.
- After the download is done you need to extract the archived files.
– you will obtain the N9005XXUGBOK4 tar.md5 file.
– do not extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.10.6 from here.
– extract the Odin zip files and save them on your PC.
- Power off the phone.
- Now boot it in Download Mode.
- Open Odin exe on your computer.
- Use a USB Cable to connect your phone to your PC.
– wait for Odin to detect the device, then continue to the next part of this post.
– in case your device is not detected by the PC, then you will be forced to reinstall the usb drivers.
- Get back to Odin’s main screen and disable the Re-Partition option.
– don’t edit other default Odin options.
- Now, click the AP button in Odin.
– you will be told to find the new firmware update file.
- Locate the N9005XXUGBOK4 tar.md5 file and load it in Odin.
- Hit START to initiate the Android 5.0 updating process.
– don’t press any buttons until all the new files are done installing on your device.
- When the update is done you will see the PASS alert shown by Odin. The boot should then reboot.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your default login info in order to regain complete control over your device.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order to learn how to flash a brand new official Android 5.0 update on your phone.
If you’ve encountered any problems during installation, then you should check the extra uidelines listed below.
If Odin shows the FAIL alert or the installation freezes at some point, then you will be forced to repeat the whole guide more than once. Make sure that in case you repeat installation, then you won’t be skipping any steps and that your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.
If the PASS alert is shown by Odin, but your Galaxy Note 3 device doesn’t boot in normal mode and it gets stuck at the boot animation screen or it enters in a boot loop, then you will be forced to factory reset the phone.
The ‘factory reset’ steps below will have to be applied by those that have installed the new update over a custom ROM, too. Here’s how to factory reset your Note 3:
- power off the phone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option.
- confirm process.
- reboot phone in normal mode.
If you need more help tell us in comments.