Verizon and Motorola are rolling out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware build 210.14.41 for all the Moto X devices.
Use this article if you want to learn how to successfully update your Moto X Verizon variant with the latest Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update.
This new firmware brings better camera photo quality, tweaked dynamic range, better pictures in fluorescent lighting, pause / resume button for video recording, enhanced phone dialer, better battery life and more.
This guide is destined for users that don’t want to wait until Verizon pushes the new firmware upgrade in their region, as you know updates are usually rolled out in phases and only a few users will get the new files today. If you don’t want to manually apply an update then you can continue spamming the ‘System Updates’ menu of your device until the 210.12.41 KitKat 4.4.4 build is available for download.
So, if you don’t want to wait until the official update rolls out in your region, then you will have to install the Android 4.4.4 KitKat on your Moto X manually.
Before starting the update process you should take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only for the Verizon Motorola Moto X smartphone.
– do not try to update any other device with the files that you will find in this article.
- your VZW Moto X phone needs to be on the most recent Android 4.4.2 stock KitKat build 164.55.2.
– you cannot flash the new Android 4.4.4 build Update over any other older firmware versions.
- enable the USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
- this is a guide for advanced users, but if you closely follow all steps, then you should manage to complete installation easily without bricking the device.
- note that your phone has to be stock.
- do not use this guide in case you’ve modified anything on your Verizon Moto X.
- rooted phones can be updated through stock Recovery obviously, but you should know that the update will revoke root access.
- if you have xposed framework installed on your phone, then you should first disable all xposed modules and flash a stock Recovery for the update to work.
- read the whole guide, don’t skip any steps.
- check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the device from switching off during installation.
These were all the guidelines you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this post.
How to manually update Verizon Moto X to official Android 4.4.4 KitKat:
- Download the new Android 4.4.4 update zip from here or here.
- Save the file on your PC without extracting its contents.
- Move the file on your Moto X Verizon internal storage.
– drop the file on the internal storage space directly, don’t create any new folders.
- Switch off your Moto X Verizon.
- Next, boot the phone in Recovery Mode.
– it can be done by pressing Power + Volume Down, release the buttons when the screen shows a menu.
– scroll down to Recovery option using Volume Down button, then press Volume Up to select it.
– when the green Android appears you should press and hold Volume Up, after that press Power to open recovery menu; continue to the next step.
- Select ‘apply update from sdcard’. Press Power to select it.
- Browse your Verizon Moto X internal storage for the Android 4.4.4 update zip file. Load it in Recovery Mode.
- Confirm the installation process and then wait until the device automatically completes the installation.
When the Android 4.4.4 firmware is installed on your Verizon Moto X phone you can reboot the device in normal mode.
Wait until the device boots in normal mode and then start testing all of the new features and functions. Note that the first boot process takes a while before it loads all files, so you shouldn’t panic if it takes longer than usual.
Use the comments field in case you need any extra help.