Google Nexus 5 was launched and now users who want to unlock its bootloader, root it and flash custom ROMs can read this tutorial and learn how to flash the Nexus USB Drivers.
Also, the same USB Drivers will allow you to connect your smartphone with your computer, so that you'll be able to copy and paste files between them. Use this tutorial and learn how to flash all the required files easily on your computer.
These drivers can be installed on all Windows editions without problems. If you cannot complete the installation, then you can ask for more help in comments.
Google Nexus 5 comes with Android 4.4 KitKat, a locked bootloader, un-rooted. USB Drivers are essential for connecting Nexus 5 with computers to transfer files back and forth, but also for flashing custom ROMs, kernels, files, unlocking bootloaders and others more.
Make sure to enable the USB Debugging for your Google Nexus 5 from the Developer Options first.
- Open Settings, then About Phone.
- Tap the Build Number seven times to unlock Developer Options.
Now you can continue to the tutorial.
How to install Google Nexus 5 USB / ADB / Fasboot / Bootloader drivers:
- Download the Nexus 5 Drivers from here.
- Extract the zip contents and place all files in a single folder on your desktop.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Launch the Device Manager on your PC.
- Now you should see the Nexus 5 listed in the hardware list.
- Right-click the 'Nexus 5' line and then click on Update Driver Software.
- Next, click the 'browse my computer' option.
- In the new window click on 'Browse...' button.
- Go to folder unzipped at step 2. Select the folder where you extract the USB Drivers. Click Next.
- make sure to tick the subfolder box too.
- Now, the Windows installer will search for Nexus 5 drivers, click Install when asked for permission.
- Wait for the process to complete and then check the Device Manager list to confirm that the installation was successful.
Also, you should launch the device in Bootloader Mode to check and see if the device is connected by your computer. If not, then you should stay in Bootloader Mode menu and then repeat the entire tutorial listed above. Eventually, the Google Nexus 5 will be recognized by your PC.
Google Nexus 5 Download Mode can be launched like this:
- power off your phone.
- press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously
- an Android robot will show up and the Fastboot Mode text is listed.
- connect the Nexus 5 to your PC via USB Cable.
- from this menu you can access Recovery and all the other
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation. For more questions, use the comments field below.