Mobile Odin is a ( better ? ) alternative to the ClockworkMod Recovery and it allows you to flash ROMs directly from your rooted device, without the need of a computer. You can simply download the ROMs on your device and flash them from the Mobile Odin app. There are both a free and paid versions and there is not a very big difference between them. Mobile Odin needs FlashKernel to work and the Pro version downloads it itself, while you will have to download it manually if using Mobile Odin Lite.
Mobile Odin is uploaded very often and it becomes smoother, while it adds support for more and more devices.
Here is a list of supported devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000B
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9003
- Rogers Captivate SGH-I896
- AT&T Captivate SGH-I897
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" GT-P1000
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100T
- AT&T Galaxy S2 SGH-I777
- Sprint Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SHW-M250S
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220
- Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM) Maguro/Yakju/GT-I9250
- Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) Toro/Mysid/SCH-I515 (no cdma radio flashing)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7" GT-P6800
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7" Wi-Fi GT-P6810
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500B
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500L
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500T
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500M
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5503
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5503T
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5508
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9003L
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SHW-M250K
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SC-02C
Please note that Mobile Odin will not repartition and flash EFS and bootloaders for safety reasons.
Using Mobile Odin is very easy and it requires next to none knowledge. Mobile Odin Pro only requires you to choose the file you want flashed and press the start button, while on the Lite version you will have to download FlashKernel manually.
It also allows you to choose which partition you want to flash the file to. The good part is that you can't choose a wrong partition, because Mobile Odin will not allow you to. It supports .tar, .tar.md5 and even .exe files.
While on the desktop you had to choose either PDA, PHONE or CSC, with Mobile Odin you have to only choose the desired file and it will know where to flash it.
The EverRoot feature allows you to root your device while the update is being flashed, so you will not lose root after the update. Mobile Odin will also check that your battery level is at least 50% or it won't work otherwise.
One more feature is "wipe", which will wipe your device during the update so you will not have to do it manually.
Download Mobile Odin Lite here.