If you want to obtain data related with your phone’s status or if you want to be able to apply different customizations within the Android core system that powers your Motorola Moto G6, you need to take a look over the following guidelines first. There, we will review a new reboot process that can be applied on your device and which can put your phone’s system into a state in which you can then modify built-in settings and programs. We’re talking about the fastboot mode and the methods that can bring this environment on your Moto G6.
Entering fastboot mode represents a basic Android operation that should be reviewed by all those users who are currently trying to learn more about the Android OS. Along with other similar mods (for example, recovery mode) you can use the fastboot environment for optimizing the results that you receive from your Motorola Moto G6. And, of course, depending on what you want to achieve, you can the fastboot mode for tweaking your smartphone in order to improve general performance.
The fastboot mode is pre-loaded on your Motorola Moto G6. It cannot be removed or modified and it is there to help you access built-in features, apps and capabilities. Thus, you will have to enter your phone into this special mode when you will want to apply custom operations including: manually installing the stock Android firmware, downgrading your device to a previous built of Android OS, gaining root access by flashing specialized root exploits, installing custom recovery images such as CWM or TWRP recovery, unlocking the bootloader on your Moto G6 and so much more.
Of course, entering and using fastboot mode on your Motorola Moto G6 is an official operation that can be anytime completed without using third party apps or risky programs. You won’t lose the warranty of your handset while applying the steps explained below and you won’t have to worry about anything else. Moreover, the steps from this tutorial are available for both stock and custom ROMs, for rooted or locked systems and so on.
If you plan to use the fastboot mode for tweaking your Moto G6, then you should first backup your personal files. If you don’t apply the right backup and restore solutions you can end up in losing everything that wasn’t there from day one.
Also, certain tweaks might trip the warranty flag, so be careful and always follow trustful step by step guides and already tested third party apps. If you’re not careful enough you can easily end up in soft-bricking your Motorola Moto G6.
Anyway, just before choosing to reboot fastboot mode on your Android device, verify the power that’s left on your smartphone. For your phone’s safety it is recommended to ensure at least 50% power for the next reboot sequence – otherwise your Moto G6 can get switched off while you try to enter fastboot mode and in that case you can end up in experiencing different Android related malfunctions.
Of course, use this tutorial only if you own the Motorola Moto G6 – this guide is compatible with this device so try not to mess things up.
How to Enter Fastoot Mode on Motorola Moto G6
- Press the Power key on your Moto G6 and keep it pressed until your device is switched off.
- Wait a few seconds and afterwards press and hold (simultaneously) the Volume Up and Power keys.
- Keep pressing these buttons until you notice the fastboot mode interface.
- Release the buttons as you are in the expected mode.
- In fastboot mode use the Volume rocker keys for scrolling up and down and the Power button to select your options.
This solution can be applied only if you first take care of a few additional pre-requisites as follows:
- A computer must be used as from there you will initiate the command that will bring fastboot mode on your Moto G6.
- Your smartphone and its official USB cord must be there too.
- On your computer you must install Android SDK: if the Windows OS is used you can follow our dedicated tutorial from here and if you have a MAC OS X / Linux powered machine you can use this step by step guide instead.
- Your Moto G6 drivers must be flashed on the computer that will be used.
- On your handset you must enable Developer Options – access the About Phone field and there tap repeatedly on Built Number until the ‘you are a developer’ message is returned.
- Then, from Developer Options (you can find it under general Settings) you have to check the USB Debugging feature.
Perfect; now you have to follow:
- Switch on your computer and navigate towards the Android SDK folder.
- From Android SDK you need to open a command prompt window: press and hold the Shift keyboard key and while keeping this button pressed right click on any blank space; finally, choose ‘open command prompt window here’.
- Power on your phone and connect it with your computer via USB cable.
- Now, in the cmd window type ‘adb reboot fastboot’ and press Enter.
- Fastboot mode should be now rebooted on your smartphone.
A third party app can also help you access the fastboot mode (do note that some of these apps will require root access enabled on your smartphone). You can choose from various tools available for free on Google Play in that respect – for example, you can try to use the Quick Boot software: install and run the tool and just follow on-screen prompts for reaching the desired mode on your Motorola Moto G6.
There you have it; fastboot mode should be booted on your Motorola Moto G6 now. So, that’s all for now. Do tell us how everything worked for you and how you plan to use this mode for tweaking your device. If you need our further assistance don’t hesitate and share your plans with us by using the comments field from below. Also, stay close for more Android tips, tricks and other essential step by step guides.