Entering recovery mode on your Motorola Moto X might be required in different situations, though mostly users are performing this operation when trying to factory reset their Android device. So, if you’re Moto X isn’t running properly, if you can’t manage to fix your “bricked” Moto X, then you need to try and factory reset your smartphone. And as I have already pointed out, in order to do so, you need to enter recovery mode on your Moto X. Now, if you don’t know how to do that, then don’t worry and read the guidelines from below.
When using an Android device you are tempted in performing different operations; now most of these procedures aren’t official and by applying the same you can damage the system of your phone or tablet. The same can happen with your Moto X, so because of that you should anytime know how to make a factory reset. Of course this implies in knowing how to enter recovery mode on your Motorola Moto X, so because of that I have developed this dedicated step by step guide, in which I will teach you how to easily reboot your Android device in recovery mode, without using custom or complex apps or procedures.
Do note that I am not talking about a custom recovery image, but about the stock recovery mode. For rebooting your Android smartphone into custom recovery image you should use this dedicated tutorial (the same will work on both rooted and locked handsets). Now, since I have mentioned the root operation, you should know that gaining root access is the first custom procedure that is applied on the Android system. While gaining root access comes with great advantages, if you don’t know how to properly apply the unlock operation you can end up in bricking your Moto X. Again, in that case you will probably need to do a factory reset – learn how to factory reset your device by using this guide.
Now by using this tutorial I will show you how to easily enter stock recovery mode on your Moto X. Don’t worry, the process can be easily applied even by a newbie and it’s 100% safe.
Remember that the steps from below have been tested only on the Motorola Moto X, so the same are definitely compatible with the mentioned Android smartphone; on the other hand, if you have a different Android device, then the best will be to search for another tutorial, a guide that is developed for your smartphone or tablet – you can use our how to section in that matter.
How to Enter Moto X Recovery Mode With ease
- The first thing to do is to power off your Moto X; in order to do that just press on the power button and select “power off”.
- Wait a few seconds before heading to the next step.
- Now press the power, volume down and home buttons all at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds; then release the buttons.
- Good, now the boot menu screen will be displayed on your Moto X.
- Now, here you can scroll down by using the Volume down button (by pressing Volume up you will select your option).
- So, scroll down on “recovery” and select by pressing on volume up.
- An “injured” android logo will be displayed on your device.
- From there press Volume up and Volume down buttons at the same time for about five seconds and then press power button once.
- Now the recovery mode menu will be displayed on Moto X.
- You can return to Android OS by selecting "reboot system now".
Congratulations; you have successfully entered recovery mode on your Motorola Moto X. Therefore, now you can safely perform other tasks on your device, including installing an official OTA update, making a wipe or clearing the cache. In order to learn how to apply all these operations, stay close and check our dedicated step by step tutorials.