The new Samsung Galaxy lineup introduced a new user interface which, this time, is stable, smooth and more similar with the stock Android experience. However, it’s still not perfect and in a world where everything can be customized and optimized the third party launchers are often better ideas.
Well if you’re using the popular Nova Launcher on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus there’s nothing wrong. In fact you’re enjoying a better UI and launcher than the stock one. But, when adding a custom launcher you expect fast and reliable software. That’s why when Nova Launcher keeps crashing on the Galaxy S10+ you have to take matters into your own hands.
Shortly said, you need to learn how to fix it as soon as possible. And that’s exactly what we will be doing during the following guidelines – checking out the troubleshooting solutions that can be followed and applied when the Nova Launcher is running with issues and errors on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
Thus, let’s detail all these methods:
How to fix Nova Launcher that keeps crashing on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Initiate a force restart
If when using your phone you get the ‘Unfortunately, Nova Launcher has stopped’ error message don’t panic. Just choose to force restart your Galaxy S10+ as your smartphone might just need a fresh start.
Do note that a normal reboot won’t be helpful for you. You have to initiate a force restart as then you will manage to refresh the memory and reload default apps, settings and features.
- Start by holding down the Volume Down button on your handset.
- Keep pressing that button and while doing so press and hold the Power key too.
- Press both buttons for about 10 or 15 seconds.
- Your smartphone will reboot.
- Test the Nova Launcher functionality when done.
Reinitialize Nova Launcher on Galaxy S10 Plus
If the app got corrupted or if there’s a software mismatch, you need to clear the cache of Nova Launcher on your Samsung Galaxy S10+.
And here’s how you can do it:
- Access the notification panel on your device.
- From there go to Settings.
- Find the Apps entry and tap on it.
- Search for the Nova Launcher app and access it.
- Tap on Storage and then choose Clear cache.
- Also pick Clear data and confirm.
- When done, reboot your phone and test its functionality.
Reinstall Nova Launcher
Another solution to try when the Nova Launcher app keeps crashing on the S10 Plus implies in removing and reinstalling the tool on your smartphone.
In this way you can get rid of software conflicts or other bugs that can run within the third party launcher client.
- Again, access Settings on your phone.
- Go ahead to Apps and locate Nova Launcher; tap on it.
- Select Uninstall and confirm that you want to fully remove the app from your device.
- When done restart your handset.
- Next, access Play Store and reinstall the Nova Launcher app on your SGS10 Plus.
Master reset your Android device
If the troubleshooting solutions explained above aren’t fixing the crashing behavior, try to hard reset your device. In this way you can be sure that if there is a problem caused by a certain tool, it will be eventually removed.
Anyway, before initiating the master reset, backup your Samsung branded device. Otherwise you will lose everything that’s personal including stuffs like contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings and so much more.
When you’re ready follow our dedicated tutorial and learn how to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
There you have it. That’s how you can fix Nova Launcher that keeps crashing on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Do tell us how you managed to fix the issues on your phone and share your own troubleshooting solutions with us by using the comments field from below. Enjoy.