CyanogenMod 11 M10 Snapshot is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Premier device and you should use this guide in order to learn how to successfully install it on your device.
This new custom ROM is based on the Android 4.4.4 KitKat AOSP and it also features tons of other great things created by the CyanogenMod team. If you wish to learn more about this release then you should check the CM blog page here. Before starting the installation of this new ROM you will first have to read the preparation info below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Premier device.
– check the model number of your device under Settings> About Phone and make sure that the I9260 version is listed.
– do not try to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest build of either CWM or TWRP custom Recovery image.
- before starting the install process you will also find that you need to apply two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID ROM Backup and the Factory Reset:
– the NANDROID Backup creates a restore point for your device, while the Factory Reset will wipe the data stored on the phone’s system memory.
– no files will be removed from the internal nor external storage.
– if you wish to save data from installed apps or some SMS text messages, then you should use the Helium app for Android.
– Contacts info can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- check the battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off during installation.
- this is a tutorial that has to be applied by advanced Android users, do not blame us in case you manage to brick your device nor in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- read the entire tutorial and make sure that you will not skip any steps that are listed below.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully flash a brand new Android custom ROM for your device.
How to install CM 11 M10 Snapshot ROM for Samsung Galaxy Premier:
- Download the CyanogenMod 11 M10 ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files and disconnect the phone from PC after the files are copied with success.
– if you’ve used the phone to download the files, then you can skip this step.
- Switch off the phone now.
- Next, boot it in CWM or TWRP Recovery Mode.
– in order to boot Recovery Mode you need to press Volume Up, Home and Power, all at the same time.
– release the buttons only when you see the main menu of your installed custom Recovery Mode.
- First you should create the NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, for TWRP use the “backup” option.
– set a name for the file and confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the process and then continue to the next step.
- Now you can begin the installation process of CyanogenMod 11 M10 Snapshot ROM for your Galaxy Premier phone:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘Install’.
- Find the CM 11 M10 ROM zip file and confirm the process.
- After the new ROM is installed you can install Gapps zip, too. Use the same options as in step 8.
- Reboot the phone in normal mode after installing all the new files.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google account info or create a new CyanogenMod profile in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation process of CyanogenMod 11 M10 ROM for your Galaxy Premier smartphone.
In case the installation fails, then you should try to repeat the entire tutorial more than once and make sure not to skip any steps that are listed above. Also, make sure that you will not skip any steps and that your phone meets all the requirements.
In case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode after the CM 11 M10 Android 4.4.4 ROM is flashed and you have tried to repeat the entire process more than once, then you should boot again in Recovery Mode and then apply both ‘factory reset’ and ‘/format system’ actions. Use the comments field in case you need extra help completing the tutorial.