The official CM 12 Nightlies are here and you can use this post in order to learn how to flash the custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE smartphone.
This custom ROM is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and it packs almost all the stock Lollipop features as well as tons of other CyanogenMod functions. Check more about this release here and here.
Read the guidelines below before starting the installation process of this new ROM for your device:
- use the guide only for the International LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
- do not try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP custom Recovery build.
- make sure to update the custom Recovery, so that it supports the Android 5.x Lollipop ROMs.
- before starting the installation process you will need to apply two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
- the NANDROID ROM Backup creates a full restore point for your phone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn't boot in normal mode.
- the Factory Reset has to be applied, so that you will delete all the files that were installed by the previous ROM.
- Factory Reset wipes all data from the system memory, but it won't affect the internal nor external storage space.
- you can skip 'factory reset' process altogether in case you are flashing official CM 12 Nightlies over CM 11 Nightlies or CM 11 M-Snapshot official builds.
- if you want to save data from installed apps then you can use Helium tool.
- if you want to save phone numbers and other Contacts details then you should sync all this type of data with your default Gmail account.
- check your phone's battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the device from powering down during the installation process.
- use this post only if you're an advanced Android user and you want to flash an unfinished, but official, build of CM 12.
- read the whole and do not skip any instructions if you want to complete the install at your first attempt.
How to install CM 12 Nightly Lollipop ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (intl):
- Downloads the ROM zip file from here.
- make sure to download the latest CM 12 Nightly build available.
- Download Gapps for Android 5.x ROMs from here.
- When the download is complete you should move both files to your phone's internal storage.
- don't extract the zipped contents.
- disconnect the device from PC after all files are copied.
- Switch off the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE device.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM:
- if you use CWM then select 'backup and restore', while for TWRP you need to tap on 'backup' option.
- set a name for the file and confirm.
- Now apply the Factory Reset:
- for CWM select 'wipe data/ factory reset', while for TWRP you need to press 'Wipe'.
- Next, start the CM 12 Android 5.0 Nightly ROM installation:
- CWM: select 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: press Install.
- Browse your phone's internal storage for the CM 12 Nightly zip file. Load the file and confirm the installation.
- When the CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM is installed you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after all the files are installed.
- note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your usual login details in order to take control over the phone.
If you need any extra help, then you can use the field below.