Samsung has started to roll out the April 2019 Security Update based on Android 8.0 Oreo for the Galaxy J7 Duo models across South and Central America. Check the info below if you wish to flash the update manually.
The new Android 8.0.0 Oreo has the build number set at J720MUBS3ASD1 and it will reach all Galaxy J7 Duo users in stages. If you do not want to wait until the new official update arrives in your region, and you own the J720M model, then feel free to follow the instructions posted below and learn how to manually complete the new update.
Installing the new update is done via Odin 3.13.3 and you can do it even if you're not an advanced user. Note that the tutorial should work only for the J720M model of the Galayx J7 Duo smartphones.
How to Flash Android 8.0.0 Oreo April 2019 Update for Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo J720M:
- Open Developer Options on your phone and enable USB Debugging. If you haven't enabled Developer Options until now, then go here to learn how to do it.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers here. Install them on your PC, as otherwise you cannot connect your phone with the computer.
- Download Odin3.13.3 from here. Extract the files from the archive when the download is done.
- Download the Android 8 J720MUBS3ASD1 firmware archive from here.
- After the Android 8 archive is done downloading you need to extract the archived contents and save them on your computer.
- Power off the Galaxy J7 Duo.
- Now, launch Odin exe on your PC and boot your phone in Download Mode.
- The Galaxy J7 Duo can be booted in Download Mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time. Release the buttons when the screen turns blue, and then press Volume Up to confirm Download Mode boot.
- Connect your phone with the computer via USB cable.
- Odin should now add the device and you can continue to the next step.
- Load the firmware files from Odin's main menu.
- Click BL and load the BL_J720MUBS3ASD1 tar.md5 file.
- Click AP and load AP_J720MUBS3ASD1 file.
- Click CP and load the CP_J720MUBS3ASD1 file.
- Now click CSC and make sure to load the HOME_CSC_J720MUBS3ASD1 file. Do not load the file that only has "CSC" in its title, as that one will delete all data from your device.
- Press the START button and ODIN will initialize the official update process.
- After the installation is done you can unplug the phone from PC and reboot it in normal mode.
These were the steps that you had to go over in order to complete the Android 8 Oreo official update for your device.
If you need any extra help you can tell us in comments.