Hard reset is a dedicated and basic Android operation that can be anytime initiated on your new Motorola Moto Z2 Play. If you want to learn the advantages that are related with this process and other essential aspects that might save your day, don’t hesitate and check out all the lines from down below.
The hard reset is a built-in process that can be initiated on Android. It represents an operation added by Google as special functionality within the Android core system, which means that you can initiate it without using third party apps or complex programs. Also, completing a hard reset will be an official process that’s supported by Motorola and which can be performed on the Moto Z2 Play even by a newbie or by an inexperienced user.
The hard reset term is the exact same thing with factory reset. Both are describing the same operation: clearing the Android system by completing a full wipe. In a few words, the factory reset will erase everything that wasn’t there from day one. Thus, from this perspective you can manage to restore your smartphone to its initial state – after applying the hard reset your device will run only on default / built-in apps and processes.
Therefore, the factory reset can speed up your Motorola Moto Z2 Play. So, it can ensure a fresh restart for your device if you will notice that the Android system is running slower than it used to.
A full wipe can also help you secure your data if you are planning to sell your device. Of course, first you will have to backup your files – the safest way in which you can make sure that your personal files won’t be accessed by someone else is by deleting everything.
The same operation might be required during certain custom operations. For example, if you will want to tweak your Motorola Moto Z2 Play by flashing a custom ROM firmware, during the custom update operation a hard reset will have to be initiated – if a wipe isn’t ensured the new firmware won’t run as expected.
Hard resetting the Moto Z2 Play is possible regardless of what kind of tweaks you applied on your phone – from this perspective you will use a universal guide. Shortly you can use the steps from below even if you smartphone is rooted, installed with a custom recovery image, running on an unlocked bootloader and who knows what else.
And finally, the hard reset operation can help you unbrick your Moto Z2 Play. That’s possible because a full wipe will erase, among your personal files, malware, malicious apps, inappropriate tools, unresponsive programs and other similar soft-related issues that might cause malfunctions such as boot loops, lags, bugs, hangs, screen freeze, battery drain, heating situations, signal strength problems, total blackouts and so much more. As a general conclusion, through a hard reset you can manually address the most common Android soft-related issues.
You need to verify the power that’s left on your Moto Z2 Play. This is an essential pre-requisite that must be considered before completing anything else. The reason why you should ensure more than 50% power is related with possible issues that might be caused during the factory reset operation – if your handset will get turned off while you try to apply the steps from below, you will risk in messing things up (shortly, the Android OS can be damaged). So, try to avoid such unpleasant situations as much as possible.
Moreover, make sure you apply the guidelines from this tutorial only if you own the Motorola Moto Z2 Play – the steps from below were tested only on this particular Android based device.
2 ways for making a Hard Reset on the Motorola Moto Z2 Play
- Power off your Motorola Moto Z2 Play and wait while the operation is completed – just press and hold the Power key until the power off is completed or press the Power button once and select ‘power off’.
- Next, check our tutorial and learn how to enter recovery mode on your Moto Z2 Play.
- In recovery use Volume rocker key for scrolling up and down and Power button to select.
- So, from main menu of recovery choose “wipe data factory reset”.
- The hard reset will be now initiated and completed.
- Optional: you can also clear app data cache by choosing “wipe cache partition” followed by “wipe dalvik cache”. Hint: a full wipe can be applied only if you perform these three options.
- When done, return to main menu of recovery.
- Select “reboot system now”.
- Make sure that your smartphone is powered on.
- Then, tap on Menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and enter Backup & Reset.
- From the next window choose Factory Data Reset followed by Reset Device.
- When asked, pick up Erase Everything and confirm the alerts.
- You might be asked for a security code; enter it.
- The factory reset will be now completed.
- When done, reboot your Motorola Moto Z2 Play and enjoy.
Good work; you should be able to make a hard reset on the Motorola Moto Z2 Play anytime that’s required. You can tell us everything about this experience by using the comments field from down below – there you can ask questions if you want to learn other stuffs about this operation or about other similar procedures through which you can tweak your smartphone. Enjoy and stay close for further tips and tricks available for your device.