Do you have to hard reset your Xiaomi Poco F1? Don’t worry, this is not a complex process, though you might have problems while trying to find the right way in which to fully wipe the Xiaomi Poco F1 storage system. Well, if you want to learn the easiest and quickest ways in which the hard reset can be completed, don’t hesitate and check out the steps from down below. This guide will also help you learn more about this operation as we will discuss about stuffs like hard reset advantages, risks implied, or essential pre-requisites.
Right from the start you have to know that the hard reset is describing a wiping process, which by the way, is the same thing with factory reset. Anyway, a full wipe means that everything that wasn’t there from day one will be deleted and here we can include stuffs like contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords, IMEI / NVRAM data and everything else that was added by yourself on your Xiaomi Poco F1. Well, to conclude, you will manage to partially restore your device back to factory state.
And this is a good thing as a full wipe, thus the hard reset, can help you resolve different problems that can affect your Xiaomi Poco F1 Android experience – well, some of these main advantages are detailed during the next list:
- The hard reset can help you speed up your smartphone – because you save large amount of data, during time your device can get slowed down and a refresh is what it needs for getting back on track.
- The factory reset can help you protect your files – as strange as it might sound, that’s true especially when you want to sell your handset to a strange person: then, a wipe will ensure a clean system.
- The hard reset can remove software related problems from your Xiaomi Poco F1 – you can easily get rid of unresponsive programs, you can delete malware, remove inappropriate apps or malicious tools.
- So, with this process you can address the most common Android software related issues including: boot loops, bugs, hangs, screen freeze, battery drain, heating problems, signal strength issues, total blackouts and lot more.
- A full wipe must be ensured when the stock Android OS is replaced with a custom ROM firmware. So, if you plan to tweak your Xiaomi Poco F1 by installing Lineage OS, AOKP, Paranoid Android or any other similar platform, first you will have to make a hard reset.
As you can notice, knowing how to complete a hard reset is a must especially if you want to become an advanced Android user who wishes to use his Xiaomi Poco F1 on full power. That’s why, this operation is considered a basic Android process.
Completing a hard reset is supported by your OEM and by Google as this capability is pre-loaded on the Android system. Because of that you have no reasons to panic: you won’t have to use complex or risky tools for applying the steps from below so you don’t have to worry about losing your phone’s warranty – that can happen only when you tweak your device or when you apply custom operations that cannot be associated with Google or with Xiaomi.
Of course, a backup is not optional in this situation. You have to save your data before making the hard reset as otherwise you will lose your personal data, info, accounts and files – as already outlined before it’s important to secure everything that wasn’t there from day one. So, before doing anything else take your time and apply the right backup and restore solutions on your Xiaomi Poco F1: you can anytime choose to use the cloud storage app pre-installed on your smartphone, or you can just choose to sync files with your Google Account. Another way in which you can easily save stuffs is by using dedicated, but already tested, backup and restore apps from Google Play.
For avoiding any types of unexpected problems you should make sure that your Xiaomi Poco F1 has enough power left before starting to initiate the hard reset process. If the power left is lower than 50% a sudden shut down might happen while you complete the steps from this guide. Unfortunately, such event can soft-brick the Android core system that powers your smartphone, so it’s important to charge your handset first if that’s required.
How to complete a Hard Reset on the Xiaomi Poco F1
Method 1 – use the recovery mode menu
- This first method will use the recovery mode menu, so first of all you should learn how to enter recovery mode on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Therefore, go ahead and reach the recovery mode menu on your smartphone.
- In recovery use the Volume rocker keys to scroll up and down and the Power button to select.
- From the recovery main menu choose ‘wipe data factory reset’.
- Additionally, for being sure that a full wipe is ensured you can also select ‘wipe cache partition’ followed by ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- When done, return to main menu of recovery and pick ‘reboot system now’.
Method 2 – use built-in settings
- For this second solution we will be using the general settings on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- So, start by powering on your smartphone.
- Then, go to Settings.
- Find and select the Additional Settings entry on your device.
- From the next screen tap on Backup & Reset.
- Next, choose Factory Data Reset followed by Reset Phone.
- Read the alerts that are displayed on your device.
- Confirm your selection and tap on OK.
- That’s it; now the factory reset will be automatically initiated and completed.
- When done, reboot your smartphone.
So, as you could see, the hard reset operation can help you solve different problems and tweaking opportunities. However, it can also make you lose important data if you’re not careful enough thus you should apply this process with caution. Anyhow, the steps explained and detailed above should help you easily complete the hard reset on your Xiaomi Poco F1. Therefore, that was all for now; if you had problems, use the comments field from below and share your experience with us and with the users who are also thinking in using this step by step guide. Enjoy.