This guide will teach how to enter Recovery Mode for your Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone.
Read the entire guide and you should be able to complete it easily from now on.
Recovery Mode allows users to install system updates, repair the phone's firmware, apply factory reset, install custom ROMs or apply any other change your wish.
Learning how to boot Recovery Mode for your Xperia Z2 is easy, as you will have to choose from three different methods listed below. The first one teaches you how to manually boot Recovery, the second one uses ADB files and the last one uses a small tool that works only with a rooted device.
Make sure that you have to Sony Xperia Z2 USB drives installed on your computer before getting to the tutorial.
Download Xperia Z2 USB Drivers from here.
How to Enter Recovery Mode for Xperia Z2 manually
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Power on the Xperia Z2 and when the LED Notification lights up you need to press several times Volume Up or Volume Down, either one works.
- The device will then show the Recovery Mode screen.
Use the Volume buttons to navigate between Recovery Mode options. Power needs to be pressed in order to select to apply any Recovery options.
Boot Xperia Z2 Reecovery with ADB
- Download and install the ADB Files from here.
- make sure that you have the Xperia Z2 drivers installed ( the link is listed above before Tutorial #1).
- Extract the ADB Files zip contents and save them on your computer.
- Enable Developer Options:
- go to Settings, then open 'About Phone'.
- scroll down and press seven times on the 'Build Number' text.
> Developer Options will be enabled now and it will appear in Settings screen.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- go to Settings, open Developer Options menu.
- tick the option that says 'USB Debugging'.
- Use the USB Cable to connect your phone to your PC. If the phone shows a pop-up menu to confirm Allow USB Debugging, press OK.
- Open the folder that has been extracted in step 2.
- Double-click on the "Boot into Recovery Mode.bat" file.
- Your device will now restart in Recovery Mode.
In case you see any errors, then you should repeat the guide or make sure to connect the phone to PC before starting the tutorial.
If you're an advanced user and you already have configure the ADB on your PC, then you can simply open a terminal and then send the "adb reboot recovery" line to your connected Xperia Z2 device. This will tell the device to boot in Recovery Mode without using any script file.
Boot Recovery Mode for Xperia Z2 with Quick Boot app
This method will work only if your phone is rooted.
- Download the Quick Boot (Reboot) tool from Google Play Store.
- Launch the app on your smartphone.
- Grant Root Access is the device asks you to do it.
- Press the 'Recovery' option.
Wait for your phone to boot in Recovery Mode and then you're free to apply any changes you wish.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully learn how to boot a Recovery Mode for your Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone. For any other questions use the comments field below.