Check the info posted below in order to learn how to manually take a screenshot with your Samsung Galaxy A5 device.
This tutorial can be used for all models of Samsung Galaxy A5 since the first one was launched in late 2014. Taking a screenshot with any of these models is easy, as you can choose from two different methods listed below.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 models are still packing the “home” hardware button, so the screenshot capture method hasn’t been changed, as it happened with the other 2017-released Galaxy phones like the S8 and S8 Plus.
I. How to take a Galaxy A5 Screenshot using Hardware Buttons:
This is the most common method of taking a screenshot on any Galaxy phone.
- Open the screen / app you wish to capture.
- Now, press and hold simultaneously the Power and Home buttons.
- Release the buttons when the camera shutter sound is played by the device.
- A pop-up of the captured screenshot will be displayed for a few seconds. The screenshot can be found on your notifications panel, or you can open the default Gallery app and find it there.
II. How to take a screen capture for Galaxy A5 devices using Hand Gestures:
I find this method to be easier to apply than the hardware method, as that one requires you to press simultaneously more than one button.
This ‘palm-swipe’ screenshot can be applied easily in under a second. First you need to make sure that this option is enabled on your Galaxy A5 device:
- go to Settings> Motions menu, open Hand Motions and enable the Palm Swipe to Capture.
- if you’re using Android 7.0 or later go to Settings> Advanced Features> and enable Palm Swipe to Capture toggle.
Here’s how to take a screenshot using Palm-Swipe:
- Open the app/ browser/ screen you wish to capture.
- Place your open hand on one side vertically and swipe the screen to the other side.
- A small pop-up will appear confirming that the snapshot has been taken successfully.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order learn how to capture the screen on your phone.
If you wish to capture more than the Galaxy A5 is displaying, like the info displayed by an web page, then you need to do it like this: use any of the methods above to capture the screen, and when the pop-up screenshot is displayed you simply need to tap once the lower placed option called “Scroll Capture”.
Scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page, and you are done. If you need more help tell us in comments.
Note, that in case you wish to transfer the capture to your PC via usb cable, then you can find all of them under /pictures/screenshots folder.