If you've just bought your first Samsung device, and you don't know how to change the default ringtone, then you should be checking the instructions in this post. Please note that this guide only contains basic info on how to change a ringtone, and not how to download and set a custom ringtone.
Samsung Galaxy S10 features more than 30 different ringtones, and you are also allowed to add your own custom ones from 3rd party sources.
How to Set and Change the Ringtone for Samsung Galaxy S10:
- Go to the Settings menu on your smartphone.
- Now open the "Sounds and Vibration menu".
- You'll now see a list of all the ringtones your phone holds. Tap once in order to hear a preview and test the sound you like the most.
- After you are done you simply leave the ringtone list screen. Make sure to check the ringtone you wish to set as default before exiting the menu.
If your Galaxy S10 is a dual-sim model, then you can set different ringtones for each SIM card. Open each SIM Ringtone menu and select the sounds you wish to hear when you're getting a call.
In case you've configured and applied a ringtone for your device, but it doesn't play when you're getting an incoming call, then make sure that the Galaxy S10 Sound Mode is set to "sound". Go to Settings> Audio and Vibrations and under Sound Mode select "sound" and you are done.
How to set a Ringtone/Alert for Incoming Text Messages:
- open the Messages app.
- now tap on the 3-dot icon on the upper right-hand side of your screen.
- select "settings" option.
- next, tap on the Sound option.
- select the alert sound you wish to hear when getting a call.
If you wish to change the notification sound for other apps, then simply open the app, go to its Settings menu and in there you should be able to find a Notification/ Sound/ Alert options menu. Confirm the changes and you are done.
If you are interested in learning how to change other options on your Galaxy S10, then you should tell us in comments and we will try to help you, but make sure to list as many details as you can related to the things you wish to change.