When using the Android OS on a powerful device, such as the new Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, is not everything about playing games, taking high-quality pictures and enjoying an overall smooth UI all the time. No, it’s more about dealing with problems, finding new update opportunities and playing around with tweaks for spicing things up a little bit.
So, just for those reasons knowing how to enter and use the download mode on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is extremely important. And that’s why we’re here with a new dedicated tutorial for you and for your smartphone.
What is download mode
As you can tell, during the following guidelines we will explain the methods that can be followed for rebooting your S10 Plus into download mode.
The download mode is a special environment that can be accessed on your Samsung branded device. It is a mode that cannot run in the same time as the Android mode. Also, it cannot be entered by using general settings on your phone, thus a dedicated reboot sequence must be completed instead.
The download mode will put your Galaxy S10 Plus into a special state in which its system can be updated, or modified. That’s why, this environment is usually required when update operations are involved.
When you need to use download mode on
your Galaxy S10 Plus
Anyway, here are the situations when you might have to access download mode on your phone:
- You have to use Odin for manually installing a new Android firmware package.
- You have to reinstall the firmware file for fixing software related issues.
- You want to install a custom recovery image such as TWRP recovery, or CWM recovery.
- You want to restore your smartphone back to factory state.
- You need to restore the lost warranty flag – reset Samsung KNOX.
- You have to unroot your Galaxy S10 Plus, reinstall the stock recovery image, relock the bootloader and reinstall bloatware.
Good; now that you know what can be achieved while your phone runs in download mode, let’s proceed to the next section of this step by step guide.
Make a backup on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus before starting to follow the methods explained below. As already outlined, the download environment offers the opportunity of playing with built-in settings and with the actual Android system. So, protect your personal files before doing anything else – that’s how you can avoid unpleasant situations such as losing files which are important for you.
Charge your phone before trying to boot its system into download mode. Plug in the charger if the power left is lower than 50%. Otherwise your Galaxy S10 Plus might get turned off while you try to complete the steps from below. Unfortunately, if that occurs you can end up in damaging the Android firmware that powers your phone.
For the second method a computer will be required. There, install the S10 Plus drivers first – you can do it by using the Samsung KIES toolkit. Also, before starting the second solution, enable USB Debugging option on your phone – you can do it from Developer Options. Note: access Developer Options from General Settings; if this entry isn’t displayed, go to About Phone and tap repeatedly on Built Number until the ‘you are a developer’ message is returned.
Good; now let’s take a look over the reboot solutions that can enter your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus into download mode.
How to Enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Use the classic Android method
- Power on your smartphone.
- Press the Power key for a few seconds just until the Power Menu is displayed.
- Tap on the Restart icon two times.
- Wait until the Samsung Logo is displayed.
- Then, start pressing and holding down (simultaneously) the Volume Down and Bixby buttons.
- While doing that insert the USB cable on your smartphone.
- When you notice a change on your phone’s screen, release the buttons.
- Use Volume UP key in order to select the OK option on your handset.
- That’s all; download mode is reached on your Galaxy S10 Plus.
Use the Android SDK solution
- Power on your computer and switch on your phone.
- Connect your Galaxy S10 Plus with your PC.
- On your computer install Android SDK: for the Windows platform you can use this guide, which for MAC OS X / Linux you can use this tutorial instead.
- On your PC navigate towards the Android SDK folder.
- From there run a cmd window.
- In the cmd type ‘adb reboot download’ and press Enter.
- The download mode should be automatically entered on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
Use a dedicated app from Google Play
If root access was gained on your Galaxy S10 Plus then you can choose this solution. Is the fastest one and also the one that does everything on its own. There are many apps from which you can choose in order to enjoy a one-click-reboot solution for your phone. Anyway, you can try the Quick Boot tool. Just download, install and run the software on your smartphone. Then, choose in which mode you want to reboot and that’s it.
That’s how you can reboot download mode on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Tell us which method you used on your phone and also let us know if you have any other things that you would like to learn – you can use our contact page, or you can just fill out the comments form from below. We are here to assist you with new tutorials and Android related tips and tricks, so just stay close and enjoy.