The Stock and Custom Recovery Mode of your device will allow you to install new updates, custom ROMs, kernels on tons of other modifications that you can use to improve the overall performance of your smartphone. Check the info listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully learn how to boot your Nexus 6 in Recovery Mode.
Below you can find three different guides on how to boot Recovery Mode for your Nexus 6 smartphone. The first one teaches you how to boot the Stock / Custom Recovery Mode through Fastboot Mode, while the other ones will be destined to be used with ClockworkMod Recovery and Team Win Recovery Mode and two different Android applications.
If you can't boot Recovery Mode for your Nexus 6 device, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
How to Boot Recovery Mode for Nexus 6:
This guide works for both the Stock and Custom Recovery Mode versions, as it is done through the Fastboot / Bootloader Mode menu.
- Power off the Nexus 6.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume UP and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release all buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu appears.
- Use the Volume buttons until the upper part of the screen displays the Recovery Mode text.
- Press Power to select Recovery Mode.
- after that you will see an Android icon laid on its back.
- Press and hold Power button, then press once the Volume Up button.
The Recovery Mode will now show up and you're free to test its options.
In case your smartphone packs a custom Recovery in it, then you will be able to boot Custom Recovery Mode through various applications such as ROM Manager or TWRP Manager applications. All these apps will work for rooted devices only.
The guides below are working straight from the home screen of your Nexus 6 device.
Boot Custom CWM Recovery Mode through ROM Manager:
This is a guide that works only if your Nexus 6 is rooted and it runs the CWM Recovery image.
- install the ROM Manager tool from here.
- launch the app.
- select 'Reboot into recovery'.
- the Nexus 6 will boot CWM Recovery Mode menu in under a minute and you're free to use its functions.
Boot Custom TWRP Recovery Mode through TWRP Manager:
This guide works only if the TWRP Recovery is installed on your Nexus 6.
- install the TWRP Manager app from here.
- launch the application on your device.
- press on Reboot Options.
- select Recovery Mode.
- confirm and wait until the TWRP Recovery Mode menu loads.
I hope that you've managed to learn how to boot the stock and custom Recovery Modes for your Nexus 6 smartphone. Use the comments field if you require any extra help.