If you want to wipe everything from your Galaxy M10 / M20 / M30, you will have to hard reset or factory reset it. This is a pretty simple process and we will guide you to do it.
There are multiple reasons to hard reset your Galaxy M10 / M20 / M30. You might want to do it before selling it or when it stops working as it should.
Please be aware that a factory reset will wipe everything from your device, except the operating system and pre-installed apps.
There are two methods of hard resetting your phone and we will teach you both of them, because the first one might not work if your phone is unresponsive.
Hard reset Galaxy M10 / M20 / M30 from Settings
This is the easiest way of factory resetting your phone, but it requires your phone to be working correctly. You just have to follow the steps below:
- Open Settings.
- Head over to More Settings.
- Tap on Backup and Reset.
- Now you have to select Erase all data.
- If you want to wipe everything on the internal storage, you also have to select Reset phone.
- Now tap Erase Everything.
You have to wait until the Galaxy M10 / M20 / M30 wipes everything and it should then behave like a newly bought phone.
Hard reset Galaxy M10 / M20 / M30 from Recovery mode
If your phone is unresponsive or won't boot to the operating system, you have to enter recovery mode in order to hard reset it. First, in order to enter recovery mode you need to follow these steps or read our guide here:
- Turn off your device by pressing and holding the power button.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see Recovery mode on the display.
- You can navigate through the options with the volume buttons. Head over to recovery.
- Now select Wipe Data and then select Ok.
- Now you have to go to Back.
- Then select Reboot System.
After your Galaxy M10 / M20 / M30 reboots, everything should be wiped and it should look like a new phone. If you encounter any issues, please let us know and we will do our best to assist you.