The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow latest 2016 official build is now live for all the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus T-Mobile users.
Check the entire tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus phone to the latest Marshmallow build. This new update is being rolled out over-the-air, but not all users are going to get them at the same time as other lucky ones.
Before starting the flashing process you should check the following guidelines:
- use this tutorial only with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T.
– the model number of your device can be found under Settings> About Phone section.
- do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- download Samsung USB Drivers from here, and install them on your computer.
– if you install the usb drivers you will be able to complete the update manually.
- ODIN is a small application that will help you complete the new firmware installation at your first attempt.
– for ODIN to work on your device you will need to install the usb drivers and to enable the USB Debugging option from Developer Options menu.
– in case you can’t find Developer Options, then you need to get to About Phone and tap 7 times on Build Number in order to unhide Developer Options menu.
– go back to Settings, enable USB Debugging and you can continue to the next part of this post.
- if you install the update over rooted firmware you will see root access removed.
– in case you have installed any custom Recovery on your device, then you will see it replaced with stock Recovery.
- you can flash the new update over a custom ROM, but you will have to factory reset the device after the installation is done.
– the Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, it removes the custom ROM and it forces your smartphone to boot in normal mode.
– Factory Resetting the phone won’t delete any data from internal storage.
– the Factory Reset steps are listed at the end of this post.
- if your phone runs 100% stock Android firmware, then you can continue to the next part of this post right now, as no data will be lost in the process.
- check the device’s battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% charge left before the phone powers off completely.
Now that you have read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow December 2016 Official Update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G928T:
- Download Android 6.0.1 MM official update file from here.
- Unzip the contents and save the extracted files on your computer.
You will obtain the G928TUVU4DPK6 tar.md5 firmware update file.
– do not unzip the tar.md5 firmware update file.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 zip from here.
– unzip the files and save them on your PC.
- Power off the device.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 Edge T-mobile in Download Mode.
- Launch Odin exe.
- Connect your phone to your PC via usb cable.
– wait for Odin to add the device.
– if the phone is not detected you have to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers.
- In ODIN click the AP button and look for the G928TUVU4DPK6 tar.md5 firmware update file.
Load the file in ODIN.
- Hit START to begin the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official update.
– do not press any buttons until the flashing process is done.
- When ODIN completes the installation you can see the phone rebooting in normal mode.
Also, ODIN will show the PASS alert meaning that the installation process was successfully finalized.
- Unplug the phone from PC when the flashing process is done.
Use your default login data in order to regain complete control over your smartphone once again.
These were all the steps that you had to follow and learn how to update your Galaxy S6 edge plus with the latest Marshmallow 6.0.1 build.
If you can’t complete the update manually, then you can choose to wait for T-Mobile to release the Android 6.0.1 update over-the-air in your region. You can search for new firmware updates by going to System Updates menu under Settings menu. If there is a new update ready to download, then you should confirm the process and your device will take care of the rest of the process by itself.
If the ODIN app shows the FAIL alert, then you are forced to repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
If you repeat installation you have to make sure that you won’t skip any steps and your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.
If the PASS alert is shown in ODIN, but your phone enters in a boot loop, or it gets stuck at the boot animation screen for more than 20 minutes, then you are forced to ‘factory reset’ the device, this will force it to boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset steps are listed below and you should apply them in case you have installed the new update over a custom ROM. Factory Resetting the smartphone means that you will see all data from system partition getting wiped.
The Factory Reset process doesn’t delete any data files from internal storage.
Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy S6 edge Plus T-Mobile:
- power off the smartphone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- reboot smartphone in normal mode and you’re done.
If you need any extra help you can tell us in comments below.