Google has issued the official Android 7.1.1 factory image files for all the LTE Nexus 9 tablets.
If you are looking to flash this factory image, then you can find the files needed in the tutorial below. Note that this is a guide for advanced users, as all the data stored on your tablet will be completely wiped in the process.
Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image files are great for those that are looking to restore their Nexus 9 tablets to stock Android firmware. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware brings tons of improvements and tweaks over the Android 7.0 OS. Before starting the flashing process you need to check the guidelines below:
- use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 9 LTE.
- do not try to flash the factory image files on any other different Nexus 9 tablets.
- first thing that you need to do is to enable USB Debugging from your tablet's Developer Options menu.
- if you cannot find the Developer Options, then you need to unlock it: go to Settings> About Device and tap seven times on the Build Number text.
- return to Settings menu and the Developer Options will now be listed there.
- open Developer Options, find USB Debugging and enable it.
- in case your tablet has been rooted, then root access will be lost in the process.
- also, any custom Recovery you might have flashed will be deleted in the process.
- this tutorial will wipe all the data that is currently stored on your tablet.
- make sure to backup all the important files before starting the flashing process of Android 7.1.1 Factory Image.
- this is a guide that needs to be used by advanced users, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the tablet, nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
- check the whole tutorial, don't skip any steps and you should be able to complete installation is no time.
- also, check battery charge of your tablet before starting the flashing process, make sure that there is at least 50% charge left before it powers off.
How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for Nexus 9 LTE:
You need to setup the Android SDK on your computer first, as this will help you connect your smartphone with the PC via usb cable. Check the following info on how to setup Android SDK before installing the new factory image files:
- download Android SDK from here.
- install the SDK on your computer.
- now launch the SDK Manager exe on your PC.
- use the SDK Manager to download and install all the required SDK packages and usb drivers.
- after the SDK Manager completes the installation you need to find the platform-tools folder.
- this folder is where you need to copy the Android 7.1.1 factory image installation files.
- if your tablet is not detected by the PC, then you will be forced to install the Google USB drivers from here.
INSTALL Android 7.1.1 Factory Image for LTE NEXUS 9:
- Download Android 7.1.1 Factory Image archive from here.
- Unzip the contents of the archive and save them on your PC. Now move these files to platform-tools folder.
- Switch off the tablet and then boot it in Fastboot Mode.
- Use the usb cable to connect the device with your PC.
- verify that the tablet was detected by the computer, and then continue to the next step.
- Go to Platform-tools folder and launch a command prompt there.
- You need to unlock the device's bootloader first: fastboot oem unlock
- confirm the process and note that this will wipe clean your Nexus 9 storage.
- Now you have to start the Android 7.1.1 factory image installation. Double click the flash-all.bat script.
- Confirm the flashing process and don't press any buttons until the installation is done.
- After all files are installed you can reboot your Nexus 9 LTE in normal mode.
- Unplug the tablet from PC and use your default Google account in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
These were all steps that you had to take in order to complete the Android 7.1.1 factory image installation for your Nexus 9 LTE tablet.
If you need any extra help completing this guide, then you can tell us in comments.
If the flashing process fails at the first attempt, then you should try to repeat the whole tutorial more than once.