Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a flagship device launched in 2017, and below you can find info on how to take a screenshot on this particular device.
In order to take a screenshot of your phone’s screen you need to press a couple of buttons, or to simply use a hand gesture and the snapshot is takes in under one second.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone is the first Samsung Galaxy model that doesn’t feature a Home hardware button, as Samsung has decided to finally move on to softkeys for their flagship devices.
Below you can find several methods that will teach you how to manually grab a screenshot of your Galaxy S8 Plus display. Also, you will learn how to take a scrolling capture screenshot, too.
I. How to take a Galaxy S8 Plus Screenshot using hardware buttons:
The method presented below is also available for any other type of Android device, as it has become a standard in the previous years:
- Go to the page/ app you wish to capture in a screenshot.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when a camera shutter sound is heard.
You will notice a pop-up of the screenshot for a few seconds, and then you can find the image in your phone’s Gallery app.
In case you want to transfer the screenshot to your PC via usb cable, then you can find this file in /pictures/screenshots folder of your device.
II. Take a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus using a hand gesture:
This is one of best methods that you can use to grab a screenshot of any Android device. If I’m not mistaken this is only available on Samsung phones. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the browser/ app page you wish to screenshot.
- Tilt your hand and place it on one of your phone’s sides.
- Next, swipe your hand over the screen and to the opposite side of your device.
– please note that this might be tricky on the Galaxy S8 Plus, but it should work once you get it right.
The same camera shutter sound will be heard and the image is saved on your phone.
If you can’t manage to get this to work, then it might be because the Palm Swipe to Capture option is disabled from the Galaxy S8 Plus settings menu. Go to Settings, then Motion, open Motion and Gestures, then open “Palm swipe to capture’ option and enable it.
Bonus: How to capture a scrolling screenshot of Galaxy S8 Plus:
If you are looking to take a snapshot of an entire webpage, then you can take a scrolling captures.
This is done like this:
- after the screenshot is taken you will a bunch of options being listed on the pop-up screen you get.
- tap the Scroll Capture option, and continue doing it until you reach the last part of the displayed page.
- please note that the image created by the Scroll Capture function will be bigger than a normal one.
If you need more help you can tell us in comments below.