The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a great device launched a while ago, and since then we've received numerous messages from users that are looking for a guide on how to successfully take a screenshot.
There are numerous methods that you can use in order to take easily a screenshot of your mobile screen, such as using the hardware buttons, making a small hand gesture, or using a 3rd-party app capable of doing this task by pressing it only once.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 devices feature softkeys-only on their front panel for the first time since the first Galaxy phone was launched, so the previous method of taking a screenshot using the hardware buttons has changed. Check all the info below and you've learn how to easily take a screenshot for your Galaxy S8.
I. Take a Galaxy S8 screenshot using buttons:
This method should work for any Android smartphone, and not only for the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Open the screen that you wish to take a snapshot of and then get your fingers ready.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- the camera shutter sound should be heard, and a flashing should also happen.
- The screenshot will appear in Gallery, Photos or whatever app you're using to view the images with on your device.
If you wish to transfer the files to your PC by using a usb cable, then you will find the files under /pictures/screenshots folder.
II. Take a Galaxy S8 Screenshot by swiping the screen:
This one is a very cool feature that Samsung has put in their devices, so you should at least try it once. This method only required a hand and a short swipe of the screen. Here's how to do it:
- tilt the hand a little and place to the side of the screen.
- make sure the thumb is pointing away from the display.
- swipe the entire hand across the display to the other side.
The camera shutter sound will be heard and you can find the screenshot in Gallery.
If this doesn't work, then it might be because the the gestures have been disabled on your phone.
Go to Settings> Motion> Motion and Gestures> and now tap the "Palm Swipe to Capture" option. Use the toggle button to turn the palm screenshot option ON.
BONUS: Take a Galaxy S8 Scrolling Screenshot:
This will teach you how to take a screenshot using the scrolling capture method. After you are using one of the methods above, you will be able to opt for taking a scrolling screenshot.
- After taking a screenshot using the methods above you will see the snapshot with a few options on the bottom. This screen stays opened for only a couple of seconds.
- When the snapshot loads you simply need to tap once Scroll Capture on the options list.
Keep tapping the option until you reach the end of the scrolling page.
This last bonus method is great when you're looking to grab a screenshot of an entire web page or document file. Please note that scrolling screenshots will get very large, so you should check the storage free space before saving one.
If you need more help tell us in comments.