If you have managed to forget your Galaxy S9 unlock code, then you should know that there are some methods for you to use in order to unlock it.
For the methods in this post to work you will require a Samsung account, as otherwise you don't have any way to connect to your phone. If you have bought your Galaxy S9 from a different person or you got it from a family member, and you're locked out of the device, then you will need their Samsung Account in order to unlock it.
If you don't have access to the phone's Samsung account and you have forgotten your lock password, PIN or pattern, then you will have to factory reset the device. Every time you end up restarting the device and you have a lock function activate, then you will have to enter the unlock code in order to use your device, as the biometric function such as face unlock and fingerprint scanner will not work.
Unlock Galaxy S9 using Samsung Find My Mobile feature:
The Samsung Find My Mobile feature has to be activated for your Samsung account in order for it to connect with your Galaxy S9. If you know that you have configured a Samsung account on your Galaxy S9, then this guide should work and it should unlock the phone:
- go to Find My Mobile Samsung website.
- tap the Sign In button.
- tap on the "unlock" button.
- after using the unlock function you will have all the Screen Lock info deleted and all Pattern, PIN, Password and Biometrics data will be deleted in the process.
- confirm the unlock and you are done.
After the unlock is done you should see a notification on your Galaxy S9 device. If this works, then you are done with the post and you are free to assign a brand new lock code for your Galaxy S9.
How to Factory Reset Galaxy S9 from Recovery Mode:
If the above method doesn't work then you will most probably be forced to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S9 device. The Factory Reset process will wipe clean the system partition of your phone with all the installed apps and other data stored only by your system partition. Note that the internal storage of your device should be left unaffected by the factory reset.
Here's how to factory reset the phone:
- power off the device.
- boot it in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons at the same time.
- release the buttons when Galaxy S9 screen turns blue.
- now wait 30 seconds more for the Recovery Mode to load.
- select 'wipe data/ factory reset' and confirm process.
- reboot the device and you will have to add again your Google account in order to regain control over your device.
These were all the steps you had to take in order to learn what you can do and unlock your device. If you need more help you can tell us in comments below.