The CM13 Nightlies are now live for all the Google Nexus 10 users to install on their tablets.
If you don’t know exactly how to flash such custom ROM on your tablet, then you should check the instructions listed in this post. CM 13 is based on the AOSP Android 6.0 ROMs, but in case you’re looking for something extra like the CM customization controls and features, then you should try the Nightly builds.
Before starting the installation of this new custom ROM you should check the CyanogenMod blog page here if you want to learn more about this release. Also, make sure to read the guidelines below in order to make sure that your tablet meets all CM 13 Nightly installation requirements.
Use the tutorial only with the Google Nexus 10 tablets.
Don’t use this post for any other different devices.
The Nexus 10 that you’re about to update using CM 13 has to be using a rooted firmware, and a custom Recovery should be installed on it.
The installed custom Recovery has to be based on either CWM or TWRP Recovery builds. Also, make sure that the custom Recovery is upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports all the new Android 6.0 custom ROMs.
In the tutorial you can find two additional preparation steps like the Factory Reset and the NANDROID ROM Backup ones. Do not skip those steps.
The NANDROID ROM Backup is going to create a complete restore point for your tablet. This backup can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset wipes the system partition and removes the old custom ROM from your device. Factory Resetting your Nexus 10 is not going to remove any data from internal storage.
If you need to save any data from installed apps, then you can use the Helium tool.
Don’t backup any files using Titanium Backup, as it isn’t supported by CM 13 custom ROMs.
Use the tutorial only if you are an advanced user, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the tablet nor in case you lose any data in the process.
Read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
Check the battery charge level of your tablet, it should be over 50%, so that it will not power off while you’re installing the new CM 13 Nightly ROM.
How to flash CM 13 Android 6.0 Nightly ROM for Google Nexus 10:
- Download CM 13 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 13 ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files on your tablet’s internal storage.
– do not extract the archived contents.
- Power off the Google Nexus 10.
- Boot Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup first:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Now you should apply the ‘factory reset’.
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
- Start CM 13 Nightly installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then the ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13 zip file and confirm the flashing process.
- When the installation is done you can flash the gapps zip, too.
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode when all the new files are done installing.
– note that the first boot process of this new custom ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your usual login info in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of CM 13 Nightly on your tablet.
In case the first boot process of this new CM 13 Nightly ROM fails to complete or in case your tablet enters in a boot loop, then you will be forced to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
If you repeat installation, then you need to make sure that your Nexus 10 device meets all requirements listed above this post and that you won’t skip any steps. If you need more help use the comments field below.