Samsung has started to update Galaxy S10 deviecs with the Android 9 Pie software update packed with the new Galaxy Note 10 features. Check the info in this post in order to learn how to manually complete the new update installation before the firmware is rolled out over-the-air in your region.
The new firmware is a big update as it comes with all the new Galaxy Note 10 features, tweaks and improvements. The Note 10 was launched a couple of months ago, and the Android 9 Pie software that came with it was packing extra features when compared to the older Galaxy S10 firmware. These updates are normally rolled out over the air for all Galaxy S10 Exynos models, and the roll out is done over-the-air. If you do not want to wait until the update reaches your region, then you can manually install them using the instructions in this post.
Note that installing the new update manually requires you to be an advanced user. We cannot be blamed in case you brick your phone nor in case you lose any important data files.
How to install Android 9 Pie with Note 10 Features for Galaxy S10 G973F Exynos model:
Read all the instructions in this post and you should be able to complete the update easily. Note that you shouldn't skip any steps, and in case you get stuck during installation you have to tell us in comments. Check the phone's model number under Settings> About Phone and make sure that the SM - G935F version is listed under the model number. Do not use the guide for other different Galaxy S10 models, as the guide won't work.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue with the update process:
- Download Samsung USB drivers from here.
- Install the usb drivers on your PC, so that you will be able to easily connect your phone to PC via usb cable.
- Download the Android 9 for G973F Galaxy S10 model from here.
- Unzip the archived files and save them all on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.13.3 zip from here. Extract the contents and save them on your PC.
- Switch off your device.
- Launch Odin exe on your computer.
- Boot the Galaxy S10 in Download Mode.
- Connect the phone to your PC via usb cable. Now you have to wait for ODIN to add your Galaxy S10 device - if the phone is not recognized you should reinstall the Samsung usb drivers.
- When the phone is connected to ODIN you will have to start loading all the new update files:
- click AP in ODIN and load the AP_ G973FXXU3ASIG tar.md5 file.
- click BL and load the BL_G973FXXU3ASIG tar.md5 file.
- click AP and load the AP_G973FXXU3ASIG tar.md5 file.
- lastly, click the CSC and load the HOME_CSC_G973FXXU3ASIG file in ODIN - do not load the file that only has the "CSC" in its name, as that one will wipe the entire Galaxy S10 storage of all the data.
- After you have loaded all the files you have to press START and confirm the update process.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the Android 9 Pie with Note 10 features software installation. After the update is done you have to unplug the phone from PC and reboot the device in normal mode.
If you have any other questions about updating your Galaxy S10 with the latest Android 9 Pie firmware, then you should tell us in comments below. In case the installation fails, then you will have to try and repeat the whole guide more than once, as you might have skipped one by mistake.