The Android 6.0 Factory images are live from Google and you can install one on your Google Nexus 9 LTE device, too.
Use this guide in case you have to restore your smartphone to 100% stock Android firmware or use the tutorial as an update tool. Installing a factory image will always remove all the files from your device and flash a stock Android OS. You can check the guidelines below before starting the updating process:
- use this guide only with the Google Nexus 9 LTE smartphones.
- don't try to update any other different tablet models with the files that you will find in this post.
- by installing a 'factory image' you will end up deleting all the data that's stored on your device.
- if your tablet is rooted, then you will lose root access completely.
- any custom Recovery you might have installed is going to be removed in the process.
- enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
- you might not find Developer Options under Settings, which means that you will have to unhide this menu first.
- go to Settings> About Device and tap 7 times on the Build Number section.
- return Settings, scroll down to the Developer Options, open it end enable USB Debugging.
- use this tutorial only if you are an advanced Android user.
- we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any important files nor in case you brick your smartphone.
- check the battery charge level, it has to be over 50% in order to prevent the device from powering off while the new ROM boots in normal mode.
- read the whole post and make sure not to skip any steps listed in the 'how-to' part of this post.
Continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully flash the brand new factory image for your smartphone.
How to install Android 6.0 MRA58K Factory Image for Google Nexus 9 LTE:
First thing that you need to do is to setup the Android SDK for your computer. This will allow you to connect your PC with your tablet and successfully flash the brand new ROM on your device.
Here's how to set up the Android SDK for your PC:
- download the Android SDK here.
- install the Android SDK on your PC.
- go to the installation directory, find SDK Manager exe and launch it.
- the SDK Manager will require you to download and flash the SDK packages and usb drivers.
- confirm the process.
- next, find the platform-tools folder under SDK Directory, it has been added by the SDK Manager.
- in platform-tools you will have to place the Android 6.0 factory image installer script.
- if the tablet is not detected by the computer, then you will have to flash the Google USB Drivers, too.
Now that you've configure the SDK, then you can start the Android 6.0 factory image flashing process:
- Download the Android 6.0 MRA58K Marshmallow factory image archive from here.
- Extract the files in the Android 6.0 tgz file.
- place the extracted files in the platform-tools folder.
- if you don't place the installation files in platform-tools, then you cannot install the factory image.
- Power off the device.
- Next, boot the Nexus 9 in Bootloader Mode.
- leave the Bootloader Mode opened and don't select any other options.
- Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB Cable.
- in case the tablet is not detected by your PC, then you should try to re-install the Google usb drivers once again.
- To start the Android 6.0 Factory Image flashing process you simply need to launch the flash-all.bat script.
- confirm the installation.
- After all files are installed you will see confirmation in the command prompt window.
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode.
Note that the first boot process of Android 6.0 is going to take at least 10 minutes before it loads all the new files. Use your default login info in order to regain complete control over your device once again.